Friday, July 30, 2010

Party

The first night we were there, Whit's dad threw a family barbecue party. We had all the Aunts and Uncles who live in town over to play. Sadly, it started at 7 pm. I put my kids to bed right on time, at 7:30 (before the adults had even eaten.) It was all going well. See the party?

Then Aunt Katrina asked me if that was one of mine.

Yep, and when he saw me he just grinned! It melted my heart. He was in there in bed alone and just happy as could be to see me... so I came and got both my kids out of bed and let them stay up late. Cute kiddo, huh?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love the pictures. They bring back a lot of fun memories. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Grandma Carla said...

Ahh, too sweet and I can hardly believe you let them stay up late, but more than that - Whitney let them stay up late. Wow - good thing you documented it.