Friday, July 30, 2010

Fun on the Farm

We went down on Sunday night to Moses Lake to visit Whit's folks for 5 days. (Really just 3 days there, and two days driving.) It was a fun trip, but pretty busy. I am about to post a flurry of little blogs, so don't feel obligated to read them all. I am just including them all for my blog book! The kids had a ball and Papa Hugh's and Grandma Lila's house. Eli is careful to always say Papa Hugh because the name "Papa" means my dad. I guess that's what happens when you get sloppy and call one Papa just "Papa" while you're living there for a few months.

We had a great time, but we also got a bit dirty, see? We had baths every single night. And a lot of interim cleaning too!

Whit orchestrated a little rafting trip. Sadly, since I went too, no one took photos. I didn't want to soak my camera. We had a great time though. (Dora wasn't happy unless dad was carrying her, so he didn't get to ride. Good thing the canal was shallow! This is Dora on the way there.

This was all the kids on the way home--FUN ON A FARM is all I can say. Let's just be a little less critical of Britney Spears now for one second... The kids loved it though. Dora kept sticking her head out the window...I just saw little blond wispies, but apparently she was smiling.


We also played in the sprinklers. The kids loved running to it, and then hauling it away as the water came for them.

I love their back yard--so pretty! I have grass envy.

We also loved the 10 day old baby goats--SO CUTE!!!


Dora loved them too, but I can't say they loved her back.






The boys both rode Babe, Whit's old horse. Cool that she's still around (albeit in retirement).


Also, they have lots of chickens. Their chickens lay brown, white, green and blue eggs (although I couldn't find a blue for the photo.) Cool, right?


3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

What a fun thing - baby goats and multi-colored chicken eggs and adventures in sprinklers and on the farm. Good times...

Rachel said...

Ohhhh Bridget...., that picture of Eli looking out the window at all the fun is soooo sweet. So sweet it makes me want to cry. I'm glad you went and got him instead of making him go to bed. Yay for you.

Lila is good with babies, isn't she. Mine always liked her too.

Linsey said...

How fun!!!! Those eggs look so . . . what's the right word . . . interesting. Yeah, I'm glad we eat white ones. I bet Eli and Dora were fascinated by all the goats and the cropduster. Living on a farm must be pretty darn cool when you're little.