Monday, July 12, 2010

New House--Downstairs Photos

I kept waiting for the house to get clean and magically have everything put in place. Somehow, that just didn't happen! Enough people pestered me for photos that I just snapped some last night. I only did the downstairs because we had Whit's parents, sister and her kids, and Megan all in town so I didn't want to disturb sleepers, etc.

Here's the dining room. (No curtains yet...) Also the sun sort of occludes the view, but still. I love the ceilings.


The dining rooms opens into the family room (which has a really high ceiling. I am not sure if you can tell in these but all the ceilings are at least 10 feet! I was shocked when I got here and found they were so high. I didn't spend much money decorating--just slapped what I already had up on the walls/curtain rods. I did buy new throw pillows--YAY!


Here's a view from the stairs of the family room. I think you will enjoy that Hugh is in all these photos... Also you can see the fireplace--fancy! We did get blinds up in all these rooms. Whit put them all up, but I took measurements and ordered them all so I feel I should get some kudos. I also put all the boxes away and unpacked them which took like an hour in itself!

You can't really see the butterfly sculpture here but it looks pretty good when the sun isn't washing it out. In retrospect I chose a bad time to take photos, but you get what you pay for and this blog is FREE! Haha. You can see into the door to the dining room. The other side of the family room opens into the office and the kitchen/breakfast and kids' play room.


Here's the office. Ooooh, crown molding. Ahhh, nice new paint and pretty matching light fixtures in every room.

The guy who custom built this house started his career as a cabinet builder (custom) and so his houses all have these great built ins everywhere. Look at this neat one in the office!


Here's the kitchen/breakfast area. My mom sent me all the Texas decorations (and plates and cups too, that aren't in the photos.

This is the view of the kitchen from the dining room hallway--again I love the lights are the same as in the dining, but one tier instead of two. I love my kitchen cabinets--they are so fancy! I was a little unsure about hardwood floors in the kitchen but the floors are lovely and I love them!

I also love the enormous fridge and freezer--thermador!! And my pantry is actually really big. I have already used my new convection oven a lot. LOVE IT!

Did I mention I love my cool granite? It's got lots of red in it you can't see from the photos. It makes it look great with the Texas theme.


Here's the kids' playroom. I am so happy with how it came out--and how big it is. The 12 foot ceilings make replacing the lights a challenge, but I love it!! The kids got a new TV here at the new house. Also, the futon cover will have to change. It was supposed to be gold, but it's too orangey--oh well. Once the kids get it all stained up, I will get a new one! Having the kids right off the back porch (covered--I love it) has been perfect. I can see the pool and the sand box from the windows of the kitchen and the playroom. I can watch them and stuff while I am cool inside. I love it!


I couldn't really get a good photo of the half bath, but it's really neat--all brown--with crown molding and black sink and toilet! I love the granite with it, too.


I had to put in one shot of the laundry room--I LOVE my laundry chute, which is right by the kids' room upstairs, and the tiled countertops and floor in there. AND I LOVE my new washer dryer!!

Here's the front of my new house. I LOVE IT! Come visit! I just bought all kinds of plants for the front yard and Whit and his dad have really been working on it, so it should look great soon--I will post some photos of our efforts once the roses, hydrangeas and blue festiva grass is all put in..


Oh this is our view from the family room, office and kids' rooms/guest room. Pretty nice, eh? Wanna come stay and see it yourself?



5 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Fun to see it all fixed up.

Unknown said...

So nice! I love it! And don't you just love having a playroom for the kids?

Amber said...

So beautiful! What a great place!

Unknown said...

Your home is stunning. I love everything about it.

Maybe I'll get in the car right now and drive up for a visit!

Linsey said...

Your house is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!!! I LOVE kitchen!!! It's beautiful! And your washer and dryer set, wanna trade for the yellow chairs?!?! Love them! You did a great job decorating too. I can't wait to come visit!!