Saturday, July 24, 2010

A few photos from our week

We have had a fun week! Dora loves to say HI and wave when you ask her (and Bye Bye). It's super cute. She loves all kinds of toys, and whenever I am in the office, she plays with the penguins my mom bought the kids. We have managed to lose all but the red one!

Here she is saying Hi.

We painted with finger paints...and made a big mess.

Cheese!

Also, I was feeding Dora yogurt and I got up to do something and came back to this. I guess she doesn't want mom feeding her anymore. Most of it went in her mouth. Okay, some of it did.


I love that she still does "sweet eyes" when you ask. Now she will smile (sort of--it looks pained) when you ask her to say cheese!

Eli picked out this hat and shirt when I was getting stuff using my gymbucks. I thought for sure he wouldn't really like it. (I didn't like it that much) but he was SO excited when he came down and saw the pile (it came in the mail and I opened the box after they went to bed.) He was wearing the hat, had taken the tags off his clothes and he kept thanking me over and over for them! He also insisted on wearing these today. he is Mr. Tuff guy...

And I have been on a jam making binge. I made peach first, but then I did raspberry for my first time. At the recipe's recommendation, I squeezed about half the berried through a sieve and just used the juice to lower the total seeds. OH MY GOODNESS IT IS SO GOOD. REALLY. I have eaten almost two jars since making it a few days ago. Seriously, best jam EVER. I am going to buy more raspberries tonight at the store. LOVE IT!

You can see the red in the granite if you look really close. :-)

3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Jam making - terrific - you could make a jar for me with no seeds - right?
Love Eli picking an apropos hat and shirt - he looks very cute!
Dora feeding herself looks about 50% successful - I'm sure practice will raise the percentage!
She looks cute in the watermelon line!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

You have two of the cutest kids! How fun. I bet Emree and Dora would get a kick out of each other. I will have to look on a map and see how far we really are. We don;t know what we are having yet, but just a few more weeks and we should. It had been so long since we have seen you! Lots of love.

Linsey said...

Oh my gosh!!! Colin is OBSESSED with yogurt too! HE LOVES it! The only problem is that whenever he's done, he rubs it all in his hair. Every time, it goes to the hair. Cute pictures!