Monday, July 12, 2010

Eli's Party

Eli turns 3 next week, but Whit had a Saturday off this week, so we decided to do his party a bit early. And we got a surprise the morning before--Whit's parents and sister Cassidy and her two kids came down to be here! Here's the spread before the troops all showed up. We had some monkey cakes (which I made...) and banana sugar cookies. I also made monkey pizzas for the kids that I thought were pretty cute, but I didn't get many photos and I missed that. We were too busy having fun!

Here's Eli and Carter. (The theme was Purple Monkey. The story behind that is that for the last year or so Eli has asked for stories about the purple monkey. His dad first made them up--Eli is the purple monkey--and in the stories he does all kinds of things. The orange monkey is what Eli came up with as Dora. Around 6 months ago he started asking for stories with her in them too.)


Can you tell he's excited?




I feel bad I didn't get shots of the bouncy house when everyone was here. Most of the kids were playing inside at this point--only Eli and Carter, the true die-hards, were still out here at the end.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI! We love you and we can't believe you're almost three!

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Those monkey cakes came out really cute! I love the banana shaped cookies and where did you ever find napkins and plates with purple and orange monkeys? Good job on the party planning!

Linsey said...

Happy birthday Eli!!!! I wish we were there to help you celebrate!!! You look cute!!!