Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lumbar Puncture, anyone?

This was the conversation I had with Whitney when I came back to the room after taking care of Dora last night.

Him: "Did you do the lumbar puncture??"

Me: "Yes?"

Him: "Good. What color is it?"

Me: under breath..."color!?" out loud "Clear?"

Him: "And how is her breathing? Better?"

Me: "Yeah, A-okay"

Him: "Good, then I am going back to sleep."

Me: in my head..."Were you really awake!?"

I think this is what happens when doctors work for like 12 days straight. You start dreaming in medicine, too. Good thing he has tomorrow off... I don't know anything about CAT scans, so I might give the wrong answers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! Glad that you documented one of his sleep/awake dreams! Maybe next time throw him off though by saying the breathing is worse and see if he still goes back into his slumber or if he perks up right away! :)

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Hilarious!

Cassidy said...

hahahhaaaa! So funny. I totally yelled at Carter the other night in my sleep. I think it's even worse when you catch yourself talking in your sleep.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh gee, he DOES need a day off :)

We're excited to see you this week.