Thursday, August 27, 2009

Diet + Birthday = Ick

So I am STILL on the South Beach diet. It's been 9 days, but it feels like 90! I am just not a meat and meat and veggies kind of girl. I love carbs! I didn't realize how much I loved fruit, sugar, pasta, flour, cereal, uh oh, this list is going to get long. I am so JONESING for anything like that that I am even eating fudge pops (on the approved list if you buy the sugar free kind.) The other options for dessert were: Sugar free hard candy, sugar free gum or COCOA POWDER!! Come on!! Those are not dessert!!

Enter my dilemma. My birthday is tomorrow! I want yummy breakfast at Friendly's and if I have to eat another omelet I might kill someone. And I want a cake or a pie (or both--haha, can you tell I am feeling a bit deprived!)

I guess I am looking for some people to say, "Stick with it; a birthday is just another day." Whit and Emma are telling me to drop it!! *gasp* I haven't even come close to getting down to 130 yet!!

So whaddya think? Stick with it? Emma offered to make me a tofu/beanpod cake. MMMMM! Nothing says good like some tofu bean cake, sweetened with splenda! :-)

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Drop it! Drop it! Drop it!

Lori said...

Definetly drop it!!!! Amen to Jane. And by the way, Happy Birthday!!!

Liz said...

Drop it like it's hot! If you can't live like it forever, don't live like it at all. But I support you either way...and I think you look great at whatever weight you presently are! Really! Your pics are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Sorry, but I agree with everyone else. It is your BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

drop the diet...i think you look great from your pictures anyhow. plus, you'll be having another baby pretty soon anyhow right... :) It's your birthday you are not celebrating if you are denying yourself of the things you love! Drop it...you'll thank me one day!

amber and brent said...

Don't forget the cocoa powder! Happy Birthday! You could always have sugar free pudding (everybody needs a little wiggle room). Sorry but I'm going to have to agree Emma, Wit,and every one else just drop it. After all it's only one day and you can get right back on it the next day.

Grandma Carla said...

Happy Birthday to you! Dad says drop it for two days - it's your birthday and only comes around once a year, so you should enjoy it doubly! We think you look great. I hope you had fun. I've been wall to wall Dunn family so I didn't get to chat as much as I'd have liked. Take a deep breath and smile - you're loved - diet or not diet!