Thursday, August 20, 2009

Toothbrush Obsession

This first photo has nothing to do with the title of the post. I just liked the photo.



Now onto the stated point. Until very recently, brushing teeth at our house was not a fun event. I actually dreaded it. I am not sure what changed. I have always tried to make it fun, and act excited when it was time to brush teeth and Eli has always liked the toothpaste, but he has never wanted to have his teeth brushed. We would make it into a game (or try) and usually count ourselves lucky if we got a hit or two in. Lately, Eli has become obsessed with toothbrushes, though. He will play with it all day, and actually brushes his teeth. He likes it when I brush his teeth too, because he gets real toothpaste. (As opposed to me just putting water on it, which I do about 10 times a day.) He has several toothbrushes he carries around with him.

Dora loves them, too, apparently. She will sit and suck on a toothbrush for 30 minutes and be happy as a clam. Eli won't share his toothbrushes with her, but he will happily give her his old toddler toothbrushes to play with. I came into the family room the other day to see this:




I moved Dora up to the sofa to snap a shot or two and Eli got all excited.



Of course, by then he had cookies too.





Happy kiddo...



2 comments:

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

My kids love to brush their teeth. But they have to right with both grandpa's being dentists...

Grandma Carla said...

What cute pictures - I love the one of the two of them on the couch together!