Sunday, August 16, 2009

A few Photos

It has been a while since I have posted any photos. Let's face it--no one wants photos of poop in a tub! :-) Here are a few snapshots I have taken of a few things I will want to remember later on. Sadly for most of you, I am now blogging things I will want to put in a book for later, so it's mostly photos and little anecdotes I will want to remember about the kiddies.

Lately, even though Dora is a big baby, I have been feeling nostalgic about how tiny she is. Eli seems to have grown up so fast. He's so BIG! I love looking back at the photos I have of when he was (for him) a tiny guy.

Dora sits up so well now that her brother lets her sit in his chair to watch Baby Einstein. Eli has learned that the baby can watch one show a day--then he can watch what he wants. (Usually Monster's Inc, or sometimes Finding Nemo.)



Eli wanted his photo taken, too. He has such baby fine hair that I have tried EVERYTHING to keep it from just falling flat--mousse, hairspray, gel, pomade--all to no avail. Well, I got my hair done the other day and asked the lady who does it what to do. She suggested this great stuff they use for mohawks! It works great!!


We have these butterfly bushes I have let get WAY overgrown outside our office because I love how they look through the windows inside. There are always bees and butterflies on them. I grabbed my camera yesterday when I went to get the mail and took these. Pretty!


Sadly, the ones of the monarch didn't turn out, but I liked these. This butterfly poses better!


Yesterday was also our ward party. For the first time at a big social gathering, Eli just played with the big boys. He ran around in the grass and had a great time. They were playing hide and go seek, though and he didn't really understand. It kind of irritated the bigger boys because he would just follow them when they went to hide, and the person who was it could just look for where Eli was and he was sure the other boys were close at hand! Oh, well!


Here's Eli's pal Olivia. Isn't she a doll!?


I know, I am so weird with these eye shots, but I think Dora has the prettiest eyes!


She was a little warm. Can you tell? Here she is smiling at Dad's antics.



Now a REAL big smile.



She is so tiny!! And she will play with ANYTHING now, even her bib. WHAT A HAPPY BABY! Now that she sleeps through the night (YES, I LOVE THE SLEEP PLAN I GOT--worth every single penny) I would like to order two more just like her.


This was from this morning--she loves Eli's chair. Isn't she so small and cute!?


This was how I found her when I went to see if she had fallen asleep. She never cries now when I put her down for a nap or bed, so I always check to see if she's still playing or asleep. Answer? Asleep! But I had to move her, obviously. What cute little feet. And I love that her kangaroo is just peeking out of the crib slats!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Please share your baby sleeping tips! I love to hear what works for other people.

Grandma Carla said...

Sleeping through the night? Wonderful! I love all the photos - Dora does have beautiful eyes. How sweet that Eli lets her sit in his chair. What a courteous little guy! Thanks for posting all the pictures - it can never be too many for Lerdle-la - and after all, who is this blog for anyway?

Cassidy said...

That's a funny crib picture!! I love her eyes too! YAY for her sleeping through the night!