Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am 29!! That feels so old!!

I don't know why, but I feel really old now. I think it's because it's my last year BEFORE I am old and 30!!! And, WOW, I had the best birthday ever!! First off, Dora was so excited to tell me Happy Birthday that she woke up at 3 am!! Then Whitney let me sleep in until almost 8 am!

Here are my two favorite guys on the morning of my birthday!


Eli couldn't wait to open "his" presents ("me", "ME" he kept saying over and over).


He picked out a buffalo stuffed animal for me at the ZooAmerica gift shop, and here is is showing me how a buffalo goes.





Eli and I picked up a black forest cake--yum. :-)



Oh and I am totally off my diet now. I went off it for a day, for my birthday and the cake and stuff was SO GOOD that I think I am off it for real now. :-) And see, Dora you were there.



Eli was so excited about the "nummy nummy" that he couldn't help himself! Haha.


Emma came over and brought two presents AND flowers. Eli was really excited about Nana and about the flowers! It was funny. She also got me pants (nice ones!) and a Pixar Short film collection DVD. Oh, and did I mention Disney Movie Rewards gave me a free DVD--Enchanted!


Then Emma babysat for us so we could go get dinner and go rollerskating at a real rink! It was so fun! Here are the sisters...


4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

And a happy day I hope you had.

29 is a perfect age. But then again, so is 30. In fact 47 is pretty great.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! So this might sound kind of rude, but I thought you were older than 29 for some reason. I didn't realize that we were the same age. I probably thought maybe you were older because Whit is in his residency. Don't take that the wrong way though! Because you are looking fabulous and gorgeous!!

Grandma Carla said...

29? You're still a baby! But then, you'll always be my little girl no matter the years they assign to you.
Happy Birthday again and again! Love, Mom

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day. Some time with the kids, some time away from the kids. I love birthdays!