Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Camera and Sunday fun

Clinsey and Angela both have the same sweet digital camera--and I have been coveting theirs for a while now. With kids, it's so hard to get a good photo because of the delay between pressing the button and the photo actually being taken. Their cameras take the photo almost instantaneously. I guess my parents took my whining to heart. Last week, over a week early, I actually received a "Mother's Day" present in the mail...from my mom! (And dad.) It was a combined Mother's Day, Birthday and Christmas present for this year (it's a seriously nice camera!) I called my mom to see if I should open it early and she said yes, to open it immediately.

As you can see, my mom wrapped it up three times, with a card she made to accompany each layer. Here was the Happy Mother's Day layer.

Here's the birthday layer...

And you can see the Christmas wrap and the fancy camera itself! I ordered a 4 gig memory card online, so in a few more days, I will have amazing photos to put up of the kiddos... Maybe! It may take me a while to learn how to really use it...I am currently a point and click kinda girl.



The title, "Sunday fun" is a bad joke. My kids are always tired and grumpy after church on Sunday and Stake Conference notwithstanding, today was no exception... I wanted to take some photos of Dora in her little lemon tree dress, but Eli was eager to get some attention (and therefore photos), too. He has been anxious since the hairspray incident to "do his hair", so we put pomade in it today. Ha. He was so proud of it! You can also sort of tell in this photo that he has two more teeth coming in on the bottom. (eye teeth) Once they are in (they have already broken through), he will have all his baby teeth, excepting the two year molars. Hooray!


Dora was NOT happy about being awoken from her nap when we got home. (I didn't wake her up--I am not mean! It was the jostling in getting out of the car and into the house.) I could NOT get her to smile. It was the most I could do to get a photo where she wasn't screaming! I wanted to take some though, because my mom found me this whole ensemble because I said I really liked it. It is an old Gymboree line, some things of which I received from Linsey that Hayley wore. I loved the lemon tree stuff! You can't tell, but the blanket matches the outfit. In addition to those little socks, there is also a lemon headband, but it's a little big for her tiny head still.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow congrats on your new camera...mine is actually a cannon...so I am not quite as cool as you and linsey. :) I am excited to see your new pictures as you take them. We are in Puerto Rico right now and fly home tomorrow. So cute to see all of Dora's smiles, she is such a happy little one and of course their gymboree clothing is so cute on both of them.

Grandma Carla said...

She looks pretty smiley in that lemon tree dress. Eli surely looks dapper with his fancy hair style and tugboat sweater. Happy to see photos of the unwrapping session. Enjoy the camera.