Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus!

We had a fun morning! We took Eli and Dora to the Circus, with Emma, her friend Amber and Dr. Barrus (Bryan is a friend of ours who just graduated from medical school). He starts his residency in NY in Orthopedic Surgery soon.

Anyhow, here are some photos!

Eli kept clapping when he saw things he liked. He sat on my lap the whole time, and Dora was with Whitney. Eli had no interest in sitting on his own, which surprised me.


Both kids were SO good. The only bad thing that happened was the people behind us spilled their soda all over our bags--one of which was my $500 coach purse! GAH!


Bryan was great with Eli--he kept feeding him cotton candy (which came with the hat you see everyone wearing), which he gave to Eli. Bryan also got stuck feeding Eli fruit snacks. He did it once and Eli loved it--I think he wishes he was born royal so someone would feed him all his meals.





Here Eli decided to return the favor. Bryan was a good sport about letting Eli feed him!


Emma and Amber...







Wow, the tigers were Eli's favorite, I think. Grrrr.



The elephants were a close second...



This was the grand finale, I think.


We had a GREAT TIME!! Moral of the story? 22 month olds do great at the circus!!

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

What a fun adventure! So glad the kiddles were so good. Love all the pictures - what a crazy hat! Bryan is a trooper to feed Eli and then let Eli feed him. Happy Circus day! Eli will want to go everyday.

Anonymous said...

We love the circus! It is coming to town in June and we can't wait. So glad to see that you gave Eli cotton candy...it just isn't the circus without some spun sugar! I think the Elephants are always my favorite part as well. Glad the kiddies were so great!

Dan and Dee said...

Candace better not see this. She still reminds me I have never taken her to the circus.
Looks like a fun fun time was had by one and all!

Dan and Dee said...

PS Okay, after reading your blog I checked out if the circus is coming to Austin and would you believe it is!!! In August and I will actually be in the states so I can take Candace, (or let her take a friend, which personally I would do if I were her!) So, thanks for blogging about the circus!

another ps, the pics are so cute of your darling baby girl. I can't get over how much your children look alike!