Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Work

This is only my second blogpost ever.

I have had an interesting past couple of weeks. First off, it was so much fun to see the Payne family this weekend. I wish more people could come visit--we have the room and the invite is always open (especially to Moses Lake people!) Nothing beats having fun with family and the Payne family will be hard to top!

I took care of some sick kids and kids that were pretty banged up in car wrecks this week. I also took care of some homeless people that had nothing more than what they were wearing. I take care of people every day in situations and circumstances that really make me grateful for all I have. I also take care of people who have absolutely no one in the world to care for them.

After a particularly hard and busy night, I came home exhausted and went to bed. Bridget let me sleep in, Eli did not cry, and Dora was an angel. When I woke up and went downstairs, I saw my family, in my home. Everyone was happy (although Bridget was tired). Eli laughed and ran over to give me a hug and said "da-da". It felt good to be surrounded by people who love me.

I am so lucky for my family, and blessed for all those who have helped me get here. There is so much suffering and heartache and loneliness in the world. While having kids can be very difficult most of the time, nothing removes frustration and loneliness better than your son saying "ah wa waah" or (I love you), and a hug from your wife.

This may not make sense to anyone but me... be grateful. There are literally thousands upon millions of people that would do anything to be loved and cared for by someone and I think those of us who have that love and care take it for granted.

-Whitney

8 comments:

jennifer charzewski said...

Great post Whitney :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, there is nothing better than "I wuv you" from your child to make you feel better. We should all be more thankful for our families and all we are blessed with.

Unknown said...

I am grateful for you, Whitney! Always and forever.

Grandma Carla said...

What an endearing post with an enduring message. You're absolutely right that we are very blessed. Having a hug/kiss from a little one really brings a rush ofgratitude for our blessings. Love the post!

Cassidy said...

I like it!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I would definitely shout a loud amen to that.

Dan and Dee said...

Can't tell you how fun it is to see you so happy, with a wonderful wife and two beautiful children Whitney!
Your children look so much alike, no guessing that they are siblings, and that they are yours Whitney!
Glad to see you doing so well. I am sure you see some interesting people. Lewis does as well. He pulls teeth at a clinic on the weekends so if that tells you anything about who would be coming in...Wish I could get up to Hershey again! I don't see it happening in the near future...

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You are oh, so right, and we are so glad we're family.

Thanks again for the wonderful time we had at your home.