Monday, May 18, 2009

A Payneful Weekend

My broken tailbone still hurts, but that's not the Pain I am referring to... The Payne family came to visit us on Saturday after seeing the sights with Golden and Julie. We had a fun weekend, especially Eli who basked in all the attention.

These first two aren't from this weekend--the first was last week. Whit worked lik 36 hours and I guess I was pretty tired when Emma came over. She snapped this one.



Then this one is from this morning--I took the kids on a walk (after running 6 miles at the gym--so I went almost 8 miles all told today! I had to make up for all the weekend pizza.) and look! They both fell asleep! Dora woke up minutes later, but Eli slept more than 3 hours!

My fat little angels!


I liked this shot of Eli...


This is Whit's cousin Abe and his fiance Grace. Aside from being lovely, she is one of those rare people who actually (seems) to like playing with other people's kids! She made friends with Eli (and so did Abe) and both kids were all smiles with her. I am sure she will be a GREAT mom! You can see Eli warmed right up--he even trusted them to hold his revered blanket while he traipsed around the room.


Dad and Dora...


Uncle Calvin was the life of the party... :-)



Aunt Jane really was the life of the party. I think she usually is... What a SWEET and funny lady.

Thanks for coming to Hershey! We had a great time. Hopefully on your next trip we can see more sights (it was raining so we didn't hit Hershey Park...) We did set off some fireworks, but I didn't get photos of that this time. Whoops!


3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Eli's blue eyes really show up in the pic of him in the super pjs. My favorite picture has to be the two of them asleep in the stroller - how cute is that?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Whitney and Bridget you guys are hosts extraordinaire! We had such a great time, thank you, thank you. Truly, you make people feel so welcome.

And...your kids are darling. How fun to see you as parents and doing such a good job with your kids.

Clint said...

I love the pics of the kids snoozing - Dora is starting to look a lot like Eli. I'm glad the adults got a few naps in too! Linsey