Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Look Mommy, I can hold my bottle myself!!

This morning Dora was showing off--she can hold her own bottle now... for about 10 seconds, and then she knocks it out of the way on accident with her busy little hands! :-)




We had a fun day today. It began with playing with some "birds" and other animals my mom gave Eli that make the animal sounds when he squeezes them. He pulled the sticker off one and stuck it to his head--he ran around showing me because he realized it was funny. The sticker says, "Press here". See?



Then later in the day, Nana came over (my sister, Emma) and played. I bought him a new ball when he was such a good boy at the grocery store this morning and Emma came up with a novel game to play with it. Eli LOVED the game. Here are some still shots of his joy. At the end of the post, I am putting in a short video. The game's not that great (sorry Emma) but Eli's reaction is!


Also, thanks to my mom for the cute duds he is wearing. He is all about the dogs and the shirt underneath has a ball on it--his second favorite thing in the world. (excluding nana...)


Finally, just before bed, we started stacking blocks. He loves to play with these, but I have never seen him stack them this high on his own before!! (He is so focused!) I was so proud of my little future architect!



I asked him to smile at me and this is what I got...

Here's the video:

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Bridget, Eli's reactions are so cute. He does love balls, doesn't he? It's funny to watch him with them.

That is quite a stack. That's amazing he could get it that tall without knocking it over.

Thanks for the cute card today. I love your stamp!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I wish we had a Nana that lived close by, but hey we'll take Emma as well, my boys love her!
Eli's face is great.

Grandma Carla said...

Lady Isadora is growing up - even if she doesn't have the hand control down yet! Eli has such great reactions to things - I love his unbridled enthusiasm for action. Good for Na-Na for spending time playing with him. The video is such fun to see the anticipation and then the reaction.