Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sharpies and Hairspray!

This morning while I was taking a nap, (long night with Dora...) Whit watched the kiddos. He has been working nights lately. Eli managed to get his hands on a black sharpie. In his defense, he was trying to write on paper, but the sharpie is pretty strong and went straight through... all over the much abused white leather chair in the office. We were using hairspray to try to get it off and Eli wanted some hairspray. I gave in to his demands, which is why he has a mohawk! You will also notice he touched the sharpie to his mouth, and gave himself the charlie chaplin look... I thought the whole ordeal was funny, so I snapped a few shots. Pretty fake smile, though, eh?



I figured I could get upset or just roll with it. I rolled with it--they're kids, what can you do!? It is really our fault for having nice things! He needs a haircut, eh?!

I also took a few shots of Dora--another new outfit today. It's really too big, as is the pattern with shirts. The pants are supposed to be capris! Oh well! It's the turtle line from Gymboree.

Linsey noted that she smiles a lot--which she definitely does. She is a VERY Happy little thing. She has a very different personality than her brother Eli had as a tiny guy, that's for sure.







One last thing for all you moms out there... Amazon has its Britax carseats on sale right now (they put them on sale once a year.) So, the Marathon is what Eli has, and it's $60 off. I went ahead and bought one for Dora now, instead of waiting for 7 months until she needs it and having to pay full price. Isn't it pretty?! The Roundabout (what the twins have) makes you buy covers if you want some fancy print, but the Marathon just comes in various print options. I loved the butterflies! So here is Dora's new carseat--get yours today! :P


3 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I hear that hand sanitizer gets out ink, I have even heard it works well on couches...maybe something new to try!

P.S. I am Cassidy's best friend from Moses Lake, I grew up down the street from the baker's, I peek at your VERY CUTE kiddos every so often!!! (If whitney ever talks about going to the Byington dairy farm, that is us!!!!!)

Laura said...

Hi, Bridget! This is Sister Clutter from Mission Bend Ward (actually we live in the Richmond Ward now). I discovered your blog through someone else's. I hope you don't mind if I read it!

Your kids are so cute! I have enjoyed looking at the pictures of them.

I love Gymboree clothes! My boys (youngest now 15) used to wear them (all bought on sale, of course). Those are some of the only clothes I have saved to pass on to any grandkids that come along. They are such good quality and so cute!

--Laura Clutter

Seth & Courtney said...

Oh the joys of parenting. It's good to realize early on that most of your nice stuff will get ruined before the children enter school. I just discovered orange marker on my ottoman this week after having gotten a promise from Jack that he would not take the marker out of the kitchen if I let him keep it.

Eli and Dora are adorable! It's hectic but fun to have two so close in age, especially as they grow. I love all the smiley baby pictures! And, how sweet of your Mom to think of a babysitter as a gift. And last but not least, I have to say that I like Whitney's short do. It reminds me of another great Dad I know.