Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ireland Trip, Day One

We went to Ireland for 9 days with our best pal Brian Moss.  We flew from 3 pm until 10 am the next morning in Ireland.  Phew, we were jetlagged.  Ironically, I think Whit did the best of all.  He had no trouble sleeping on the plane.  At least I got to sleep in the back seat of the car.  Brian spent 95% of the time in the front navigating with Whitney, which worked out perfectly.  Brian and I didn't have to deal with the stress of driving, Whit didn't deal with the stress of someone else driving, I didn't have to deal with the stress of navigating (which Brian did pretty calmly) and I could plop my pillow and our coats down in the back and take a nap, which I did a lot.  :-) PERFECT.  I think we have our new trip method down. 

Here's our sweet ride.  Actually, other than the name being strange, it was pretty nice.  Whit handled driving on the left side with a stick shift pretty well, if I do say so myself.  Our car was a Peugot or something like that. 
Here we are (we stopped to take a look at the ocean on the way to the ferry).  We flew into Dublin, but drove straight through to Glasgow, Scotland our first day.  It was a long trip, split by a ferry ride.  
Pretty, huh?
The scenery was beautiful.
It was neat to see their rocky beaches.
PERFECT WEATHER, too.  
 We found two tiny stones, which we took back to the kids as "waterhorse" eggs.  Haha.
 Here was one in its natural environment.
 By the time we made it to Glasgow and circled around like 3 times to get into our hotel (we stayed at the Marriott for two nights), we were pretty tired.  It was about 9:30 by the time we finally ate and we ended up picking this really posh, expensive place by accident.  I think we were all a little drunk from lack of sleep.  Here's Brian smiling with his menu.

No comments: