Friday, October 2, 2009

Risser Marvel Farms

Yesterday we went to Risser Marvel farms. We went with lots of lovely families from church. It was a great outing Camie planned. Thanks Camie! We went on a hayride to a pumpkin patch where Eli got to pick out a pumpkin. We were pulled by a tractor (which was pretty exciting for Eli). Then we went on a walk in a cornmaze, and then we drank some cider and played in their pretty pumpkin displays.

Here is Eli, picking his pumpkin.



He actually was having a great time, but I couldn't get any photos of him smiling. He just made this face all day! I think he is trying to look like a rock star--no idea why. ;)


A photo with the tractor in the background...


Proof Dora and I were there--Emma came along and SAVED me with the two babies. Eli still wants to sit in my lap all the time, so it is hard to take them both somewhere without two laps.


Since Emma was there we got a few shots of the family all picking a pumpkin.


Dora was tired and cold, but she managed to have fun anyway. I don't really have any warm weather outfits in her current size. She is still in 6-12 months (she's almost 8 months old!) and by this point, Eli was moving into 18-24 months, so I guessed a little off on sizes. I had to put her into this 12-18 month outfit so she would be warm--it's a little large!



Also, her feet are TINY, so she's still in a size 2 shoe. I only have one pair and they are Sunday shoes. Whoops. I keep thinking she will be in size 3 anytime now...


Proof Emma was there--She has Eli's dirty pumpkin!


Cider isn't fun unless you can pour it back and forth from cup to cup, right? Stinker!


Thanks for the fur lined sweatshirt for Dora, lerdle-luh. She loved it!




I couldn't get either kid to pose for photos, so we will have to try this another time.


Eli is excited to go pick out a pumpkin tonight when Daddy gets off work, so we may have more photos up soon of carving Eli's first pumpkin. (I didn't even try last year!) And yes, I know Dora was losing a sock. She was pretty much losing a sock every minute from when I first put them on. I pulled them up like 20 times. She's really annoying to hold now that she scoots around and pulls up because she wants down so she is CONSTANTLY pushing away from you and arching her back. It's exhausting!



Here's my angsty rock star. Looks the part, doesn't he!? He did his own hair yesterday. *sigh*


One shot of Dora in her cute shirt--Pink is the New Black. Or it SHOULD be!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both dora and eli look adorable in their clothing! i love that you have already been to a pumpkin patch. we had planned to hit one today but it rained a ton last night...so next week. how nice of emma to go with to hold a child...two on one lap can be very difficult! so i saw that eli is going to be a monkey for halloween...but what about dora?

Grandma Carla said...

Even though Eli had a cloudy expression in the pictures - he looks cute. Love the picture of Dora sitting between the two pumpkins. Great picture of you and the kids in the pumpkin patch and a great picture of Emma in the patch! Thanks for the fun post.

Cassidy said...

How fun!!!! I wish we had something like that to do here. I wish we had that kind of weather. What am I doing down south??? I should've gotten tickets to come visit.