Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Uncle Golden, New Teeth and Zoo Trip

Eli is learning 5-10 words a day right now--so many I can't keep up with him! He says things over and over that I know I should understand, but I can't! He is so impressive with his explosion of words all of a sudden. He learned the word "Uncle" in anticipation of Uncle Golden coming to visit, and since he left, he has been asking for Uncle every hour or so. Poor Eli! We had a great time with Uncle Golden!

Here's a photo of Eli snuggling up to him. He almost never does this--not since he did this to Golden at Christmas!



The day Golden left, we went to the Zoo with Nana (my sister Emma). Here's Eli on Dad's shoulders in front of the alligators. Whit's mimicking Eli's fake smile.

I love this new hat my mom got for Dora! So cute! She still puts her feet up every time we put her in the stroller!


I got a new sweatshirt and shoes on Monday night, so Whit insisted on taking some photos of me, sneakily.


Here's Isadora--a future Cougar! Look how close that cougar is! There was some DUMB lady there explaining to her kids that both the lions were female--"Remember, the males have a big mane." THESE ARE MOUNTAIN LIONS, LADY! Duh!



Here Emma and I were, looking at the buffalo. I have lost 3 pounds on Weight Watchers already--just 9 to go!! I love Weight Watchers!



Here's Eli, looking at the Buffalo. His sweater says, "Wait for me" with a snail. It's ironic because that little guy darts around and sprints everywhere. We are always telling him to wait for us. His favorite word this week is walk. He wants to walk everywhere--in the grocery store (NO WAY) and on our walks (he used to always go in the stroller, but now Dora grabs him and it upsets him!)



Whit got new shoes, too. Fancy, eh?


Here's mom and Dora. I love this little bean. She's so cute! She had shoes on--she just kicked them off so many times we finally stopped putting them back on.


Here is Eli and his beloved Nana!


Eli loves to feed the ducks and these were really eager.



Here's the cutest baby ever--she has had some rough nights because she just got her two top teeth in! WOW! I can't believe how big she is!



She is also pulling up on everything (she's a hazard) and now she's walking when she holds your hands, too!!! Oh and did I mention that she's crawling!? WOW! I can't believe how old she is!! Almost 8 months!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh the last picture is my favorite! Dora with two little teeth is too cute! Quit losing weight...geez now I am going to have to start going to the gym to keep up with you and Linsey...geez!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You look great Bridget. Really great. I love Whitney's fake smile. How fun to have Golden.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

THe last picture is also my favorite! How cute. It looks like you guys are always doing such fun things! Emree is always a step behind Dora, but is so fun to watch and see what is coming next for us! Hope she doesn't get her two top teeth soon... they sure make them grouchy!

Cassidy said...

Oh how fun. I agree with Jane, you look great Bridget!!! I wanted to call you today (not a Tuesday OR Thursday :) ) but I'm almost out of minutes. Bummer. I'll still probably sneak in a call tomorrow. haha Man you have cute kids. I wish I was there with my kiddos and bonding!
Where did your mom get the hat?? I need to go get one for Meg!

Grandma Carla said...

The hat looks really cute on Dora. I thought it was so cute when I found it (at Carter's outlet) and since it had mittens too, I decided Dora need it. Love the pictures of all of you at the zoo. The picture of Eli cozying up to Golden is cute and it's great that Golden got a chance to come for a visit.

Clint said...

I LOVE Dora's little hat! So cute! Babies can get away with so much. The sillier the accessory, the cuter they look! And am glad are two little kiddos are starting to talk! (LINSEY)