Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ward Halloween party

Every year our ward does a Hoedown Halloween party. This year we weren't very organized with the costumes, but we all had on something just a bit country. Eli had his hat and shirts...Whit had a western-esque shirt, and Dora had a pony on her pants. I wore a bandana skirt and boots. Unfortunately we couldn't stay long because Dora goes to bed so early that she timed out by 7.

Here's Eli--he pulled down the bear and its chair and hugged it. Cute, right?


Here he is in the car--so excited to go to church. He asks to go to church almost every day!

Dora was teething but she was a trooper. See the pony?


My little cowboy!


Whit's a super-dad. Here he is posing for me, with Dora too.


Oh no! A family of jailbirds. At least Eli's just visiting.


Darn, now he's in too.



Finally we get Eli into a cactus.


My little sweetie.






Here are Whit and I, all dressed up. Note the skirt and boots. The photo below will have more significance if you are paying attention.

Whit and I met November 12, 2005. This is a photo Emma took that night before the activity. See the skirt and boots?


Yep, I can wear the skirt again (it's a size 4!) Just 7 pounds to go. Maybe 8 now, since I went off the diet yesterday. We went to the temple and had to stop at Baja Fresh... AND THEN had people over for dinner and I ate potroast, fresh bread with honey butter and Emma's angel food cake. Whoops.
Eli wasn't very happy we were leaving and Dora was tired, but we got a shot before we left.


Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

Yee Haw. That there looks like fuuuunnn.

How'd I do with my cowboy talk? Maybe it'd be better with some straw sticking out of my mouth.

Grandma Carla said...

Love the picture of Eli smiling about going to church. Also love the cactus pictures with Whit up high and Dora looking out down low - so cute! You look absolutely terrific. Congrats on making it to a 4! What willpower!

Tam said...

way to go with your diet. you look beautiful. eli looks just like your husband in the picture where he has on his little cowboy hat and is holding the BYU bear.