Saturday, October 3, 2009

I will never...

say "I will never" again. Seriously, since having kids, I think I have done almost every single thing I said I would never do.

Never let my kid watch TV on vacation--that's family time. (I never leave home without my DVD player now.)

Never let my kids have gross snotty noses. (Umm, hello, HOW does their nose make snot that fast?)

Never let my kids run around all dirty. (Boys seem to be attracted to dirt like a moth to the flame.)

Never let my kids pester other people just so I get a 5 minute break. (HA! I will let my kids pester anyone and everyone now.)

Never do a "diet." I mean, who can't just exercise a little control over what they eat and keep their weight down? (HAHAHAHA! I have now done South Beach and am on Weight Watchers.)

Never let Eli eat candy. (Today he got Emma's tin of mints and screamed for 10 minutes at the top of his lungs when I took it away--both times. Yeah, I gave in the first time. Don't judge me.)

Never buy expensive Gymboree clothes they will puke on and grow out of in 5 minutes. (I don't think I have bought anything else in the last year. This is because I had a girl. It broke me!)

Never let my kid eat (or wear) whatever they want. (Yeah, Eli picks out his lunch every day. Seriously, he goes to the fridge and pulls out what he wants--corn dog, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, french fries, etc. Pathetic, I know.)

Never yell at my kid unreasonably. (Umm, I would still NEVER do that... Unless you have seen me do it and then I only did it that ONCE.)

Never let my kid watch show after show after show on TV. (Blues Clues, Baby Einstein, Disney and other affiliated Cartoons--I LOVE you and will until the day I die.)

Never let my kid sleep with me (which I stuck to my guns on until very recently, but now Eli sleeps in a bed and I can't just stuff him in his crib! Gah!)

Never buy EZ mac. That's what prompted this post. I recall saying, WHO would ever buy that? I mean, who is too LAZY to make a box of mac n cheese?? Who needs a single serving microwave variety!? It's like microwave pancakes or something. Sheesh.

I bought a box today at Sam's. I found out who buys them--moms who don't want to eat mac and cheese (because they are on Weight Watchers because of the baby weight-ha) with kids who won't eat leftovers and who are too impatient to wait for water in a pot to boil.

Yep, that's me. LAZY and impatient. So, what things have you said you'd never do and then done?

PS- I will NEVER lose this last 10 pounds. (There, hopefully that will do the trick.)

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

hahahaa. I loved this post. I remember you saying half of those nevers. I love easy mac. Carter likes Mac N Cheese and its just so nice because it's the perfect amount for him. I don't eat the stuff.
I said I'd NEVER let a child sleep in my bed while Bo was in it(not healthy for marriage yada yada) and then Meg was born and I was too tired to NOT nurse her in bed. HA. Now I wonder why I was stupid and never nursed Carter in bed. haha.

Grandma Carla said...

There will likely be lots of other "nevers" that will come up. Have a good time with them too!

Lori said...

I'm with your mom.....your list of nevers has just begun...and hopefully you'll enjoy every one of them.....

Clint said...

Ha, ha - we just got Hayley out of our bed!!! Oh, Easy Mac - that stuff is the bomb. Love it! No pans to clean and no worries about the water boiling over (my water ALWAYS boils over). (LINSEY)

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I love this post too . . . I said I would never spoil my child and she it the for definition of spoiled. I said I would never go a whole day with out showering, I do it all the time. I think my mom is right... the list is just beginning.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Love this post! SO TRUE... all of them! And yes, I was the exact same way b/f I had kids too. I'm sure we all are... not realizing just how hard being a mom is until we actually become one. :) It's the hadest job, but best job!
Also, we would LOVE to see you and your family when you come down. Next month, right? Keep me posted.