Saturday, October 3, 2009

Twins

Today I took the kids to Sam's club with me while Whit was working. That may not sound like a big deal, but it's a ZOO! Eli is a pretty high maintenance kid. He usually makes that kind of thing pretty miserable, and today was no exception. In his defense, he wasn't feeling very well and didn't take a nap today. ICK.

So onto the Twins, title. While we were there, dozens of people stopped to gawk, or coo at the two kids I have--maybe because they are SO cute, but probably because they are shocked anyone was stupid enough to have them so close together. This is actually my second time to get this comment--someone "Congratulated me" on my twins. Umm, Eli was TWO in July and Dora is not even eight months yet. They are also 15 pounds apart and one of them is bald--NOT the boy! Ha. I thought it was funny.

When we go to Sam's, we always get a pretzel. Eli loves them. Dora hates food--she won't eat anything other than taking a bottle. She hates everything I have given her (other than Nilla wafers!) So, today I handed her a peice of the pretzel. (They are soft pretzels). When I got her out, this is what I found...


I think it's safe to say she likes pretzels, but she made a HUGE mess! Yikes. This photo actually doesn't show the glory that was Dora when I got her. She was literally burbling pretzel chunks with glee when I pulled her from the car. GROSS!

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Could she be any cuter? I think not! There's no accounting for some people's perceptions...

Clint said...

Your post cracked me up - mainly because I just got asked the SAME question - about Hayley and Colin!!!! We were having lunch with Grandma Jean the other day and this lady walks up to me and says, "Oh . . . your children are so cute . . . Are they twins?" I looked at her and just smiled. But, really?!?! Twins?!?! Hayley is twice his size!!!! (LINSEY)