Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Pearl from an Oyster...

Sea World has an attraction where you can have a diver pick out an oyster for you, and then they get the pearl out of the oyster and you can make it into something. (I chose a necklace.) Back a long time ago, when Whit's family went to Sea World in Cali when he was a kid, he got an oyster for his mom. His oyster had TWO pearls! That happens in less than 3% of cases. It didn't happen with me. He really wanted Eli to get me a pearl and make it into a necklace--lucky me! Before I tell the photo story of the pearl, though, here is Eli showing Emma some pretty dolphins from underwater. I LOVE the dolphin viewing area!


Okay here Eli is picking out my oyster...


Now Whit's cracking it open for me...

Here's the icky osyter juice and the beautiful pearl!



And this is in the shop where they turned it into a necklace (with some added rubies--just how I like it!) :-) Of course, no photo of the necklace in here--it was all wrapped up to let the pearl set. My pearl was pink, though. Pretty!


Eli LOVED the sea horses and the sea dragons (like this one).



Emma and Dora in the shark tunnel.



Here we are hanging out at our resort again--it was SO nice!! Two bedrooms and two bath--SOOOOO much nicer than a hotel room when you have kids!


I found two seasons of ER at Target for $20, which we watched all week, so I am not sure how rested Whit felt--like he worked all week!
I love my pearl, though, Whit and Eli. Thanks!

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Happy to see a new post! Good picture of Dora and Emma in the shark tunnel. I too found the sea dragons fascinating. I'm glad Eli wanted to watch them for awhile because I did too! Happy pearl necklace!

Lori said...

That was my favorite part of Sea World as a kid growing up, the oyster diving and opening it up for the pearl. Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful vacation