Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arabian Nights and First Trip to SeaWorld

Whit and I went to see the Arabian Nights dinner show in Orlando while we were there. It was great fun! The food was not the best I have ever had, but the show was amazing. It's got more than 40 horses and a similar number of performers. Plus, there was a belly dancer at the beginning! HAHA. Eli wanted to get in on the action when we were leaving... I thought it was cute. This was the night before our wedding anniversary!


The horses were LOVELY!

Eli and I ate breakfast on the patio every morning. It wasn't until later we figured out that he ate breakfast with me when I got up, with Whit when he got up and with Emma when she got up! He was getting three breakfasts every morning!


We went to Sea World for the first time and the kids loved it. Dora was happy as a clam (until she got really tired, anyway!)


As much as Eli loved the Shamu show (later), I think he liked the dolphins better. There was a lot more going on--dolphins, dancers, divers, birds, etc.



We had a great time, but can you tell Eli got a bit hot? Our kid is used to A/C! I love Dora's hat! She was so good and left it on! Ignore how badly it clashes with her dress! I thought I packed a few hats and somehow ended up with just the one!



Eli was having some peanut butter crackers and caught the eye of an Ibis. See it eyeing his cracker??


He decided to share...



I didn't show it, but I was worried he might lose his finger to an overzealous bird. That thing liked the pb crackers!! He was really excited to have its attention! Dora liked it too--she was almost crawling over him to get to it. See her little hand on his arm?



A family shot during Shamu's show.


Dora loves my mom. She was laughing and happy even though she was tired when my mom held her.






I got a pretty good shot of this last sequence. See the guy flying off Shamu's nose? Apparently they want you to believe he's the kid who carved the first wooden Shamu tail and then grew into a trainer. It was really inspirational until the SECOND time we saw the show and the same kid photo was used for a different trainer!! Whoops!


2 comments:

Tyler said...

Oh my goodness it looks like so much fun! I love hearing about all the fun things you and your kids are doing. Eli is a crack up!

Grandma Carla said...

Wow - you got some great shots of the dolphins. The kiddos were so cute - I wish we'd gotten a shot of Eli clapping with his hands above his head at the dolphin show! He really went wild over it. Dora is cute as always - what a charmer!
Glad you and Whit went to the Arabian Nights. Sorry the food was so-so, but happy that the show compensated pretty well for it.