Thursday, September 24, 2009

Feeding the Dolphins

One of the coolest things we did at Sea World was feed the dolphins. I had to do one last post that would include some shots from some of our end of the week pool trips and our trip to feed the dolphins. Eli got pretty proficient in the pool during the week and could basically float on his own for short periods of time by the end (with his vest on, of course.) The baby loved to be in floaties, too.

Here I am with the kids; ignore the disembodied hand holding up Dora!


I thought what Whit did was was so funny it deserved TWO photos. Look at how he picked up Eli!



Eli and Nana!



Here are all the ladies and kiddies on the last day of fun at Sea World.



And now, the moment you have all be waiting for--the DOLPHINS! It was SO neat to touch them and feed them. I am taking my mom and Emma's word for how fun feeding them was. Eli figured out the gig really fast and one by one (like lightning) threw the fish to the dolphins. I didn't get to throw any, but I did get to touch them.



See?


One of them sort of decided we were an easy mark after Eli threw him 10 fish all in a row and set up camp in front of us.





I warned my mom and Emma so they wouldn't let him near their fish stack.


Dora enjoying one last Shamu show.



Oooh, pretty!


Wow!


One last grinning imp.


4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You got some gorgeous photos, Bridget. What a fun, fun trip. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Clint said...

Wow! You are a quick blog poster!!! And what a fun vacation! I love the pictures of you all and the monkeys. Maybe next time we'll join you in Orlando! (LINSEY) P.S. 3:33am?!?! What were you doing awake at 3:30am? I thought I was the only one that hopped on the Internet that late.

Randi said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a memorable trip. I LOVE taking my kids to Sea World...It is fantastic for all ages! Paul and I also LOVED Orlando when we were there! We stayed at a resort jut south of Sea World...it was probley very close to where you stayed! Maybe we will have to exchange notes! Next time you have to do Disney World. Although judging by your shirts- it look like you may have made it to Downtown Disney!?! Just talking about it makes me homesick for that trip...I'm done now- I have to stop daydreaming about vacation and get to gettin' on my mommy duties. There is a casserole to get in the oven people!

Grandma Carla said...

Sorry all of your fish were tossed by Eli without fanfare. He was having a great time though. It is more fun feeding the dolphins in the Sea World San Antonio though. There are things about the Orlando one that are nicer (the underwater viewing of the dolphin pool for instance) but SA has Orlando beat on the dolphin feeding gig - there's no timed groups - you just wander over, buy some fish (for cheaper than Orlando) and feed them. Love the pictures you got of things - it was a trip to remember!