Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Too Much Bones...



Our friend Brian Moss turned us on to this show, Bones. It is about a forensic expert who uses bones to solve murder cases. We started watching it a few weeks ago and are already watching Season 3... What can I say? When you have a newborn you have a lot of time you have to be awake, but your mind isn't really occupied even though your hands are... I watch a lot of TV and read a lot of books!

The trash collectors come by our townhomes about twice a day--or so Whitney and I joke. It seems like they are constantly here picking up trash, although sometimes it's the recycling people. Anyhow, today they came by and instead of just picking up the trash and leaving, the truck stopped. Whitney noticed that the police showed up too. Now that piqued my curiosity!

Of course, I took Eli for a "walk" and poked my nose in... sort of like rubber necking with an accident. I was just sure that the trash people had found a body or something in the trash around the corner from our house!!


Apparently I have been watching too much Bones. The police and the trash people got a good laugh--what happened was some old guy backed out into the trash truck and they police were called in to get statements and make sure the guy's insurance would cover the trash truck repairs. BORING!! Ah well...

Now on to the things my mom wants to see/hear. She sent me a package today, and included in it was a new toy for Eli. Oh man, did he love it. Now let's be fair--there were actually several new toys, and technically this toy was for Whitney. Apparently his grandma used to have this toy and he commented on it. My mom tracked it down to give him as a congratulatory gift for being made the new Chief Resident for next year. (Well, that and Bones Season III! Yeah, I know, see above.)

Anyhow, here's a photo and a short video so you can see how cool the toy is... It's also featured on one of the Baby Einsteins. Baby Mozart, I think.





While my mom was here, she also bought Eli some crayons. Smartly, she bought the "washable kind". Now this is NOT an advertisement, but... I was busy in the office today with the baby, and Eli played for like 30 minutes happily in the other room by himself. I though, wow, a miracle!!

I figured out the miracle when I left the office. He had been coloring on everything in sight with a purple crayon. I mean, glass, the fridge, the dishwasher, the TV, the coffee table, and so on. You get the picture. True to its pledge, it all came off with just a damp rag! It's magic! The only thing I couldn't get it off of was the white leather chair. Darn it! That chair has been through the wringer since Eli's birth. I think the chair is losing the war, too. Anyhow, I am including one photo--of the dishwasher art! I hope this is not something he repeats! Thanks heavens for washable crayons!


One last thing. Since having kiddo #2, I have had more stressed out moments. I have times when I feel that all I do is laundry, make food for the kids, clean up the messes and desperately try to sleep. When I get too frazzled from the crying or the cleaning, I have found one thing that always makes me happy! I go up to Dora's room and pull out her clothes--currently 3-6 months (the next size up--so when she was in newborn, I looked at 0-3, but now I look at 3-6 since she's in 0-3...) I look at her cute little clothes, and I feel better! It makes me happy--don't ask me why! I know I have had a long week this week because I have looked at those clothes at least once every single day!

Today was hard--you can see what I did with the clothes! I laid them all out so I could see them all at once. I am not including all the photos--I had lots of dresses on the chair, more outfits on the footrest of the chair and tons of sleepers and stuff in a bag (that aren't quite as cute, so I didn't lay them out!) Now, some of these clothes were given to me by Angela or Linsey, and a few things I bought... But I must admit that the VAST majority came from my mom. Yes, I know I am truly spoiled. Thanks mom! You raised a spoiled brat! (Looks like I am on track to do the same!)








8 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I REMEMBER that toy! It has penguins, right? I remember the boys (Whitney, Haven, Golden, Ivin) loving it.

Randi said...

UMMMM...Bones rocks! I DVR it every Thursday night, and giggle like a silly school girl when I finally find the time to sit and watch it.

Usually at 10 or 11 at night.

Not productive becuase then I am convinced for the next hour that every bump in my house is THAT GUY who is coming to get me.. leaving Bones to solve my murder...wait that isn't so bad! :)

Cassidy said...

I love the penguin toy. I almost bought one at Christmas time because of the memories. I think that gift was actually for Libby. . .
I just recently got hooked on Bones TOO!!! How funny! I almost bought a season the other day but I didn't. I'm too cheap!
I'm sorry you're having it rough. I'm there with you sister! Maybe I do need to come visit so we can help each other out.
PS--Your clothes make me realize how pathetically small Meg's wardrobe is. Too bad Meg can't wear Dora's old clothes. hahaha. I'm glad your mom is spoiling you. You do have an awesome mom.

Unknown said...

Maybe the magic eraser can fix your chair. Those things are great!

Anonymous said...

We got some washable crayons from your mom as well and they have been fantastic. The kiddies did a number on our white leather sofa as well as the cabinets in the bathroom. Jocelyn had the purple and jesse had a blue. It was quite colorful! It came off of the sofa with a little bit of dish soap...try that. That penguin toy is soooo cool! I have shown Jesse that video twice this morning and he keeps saying Eyntein...thats how he pernounces Einstein. Love that you have matching socks and bows and bibs for most of Dora's outfits...very cute clothes for a very cute girl! Hope they start letting you get more sleep at night. Just wait till they start to pass sicknesses back and forth, that is when it gets really fun.

Lori said...

Looks you like your mom and me could have some fun shopping together, although I think she may have me beat.... I used to do the same thing with my baby clothes tooo...hmmmm, wonder what it means.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

Can we adopted your Mom? Ha Ha. She will be beautiful in all of them!

Grandma Carla said...

What a nice post. I'm glad the penguin toy has made a hit. The other households will be getting one soon too.