Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gymbucks and Water Table

As most of you moms out there probably already knew, Gymboree just allowed us all to redeem our accumulated Gymbucks. Eli and Dora made out like bandits, thanks in major part to Grandma Stuckey. Here is one of Eli's outfits I snapped a shot of because he was on his Mader truck--and the shirt says backseat driver. I thought that was funny for some reason. I also love the patchwork seersucker shorts!!



Here is one of the new outfits Grandma Stuckey got Dora (and cousin Jocelyn) when they were all out here at the Gymboree outlet. It was so cute that we bought it even though it wasn't on sale! (That never happens with me--I refuse to ever pay full price...) It was perfect for a hot day!


In case you can't tell, that Dora is one HAPPY baby all the time!! We really lucked out to have such an amiable baby this time around.


Here's Eli's face when he first saw the water table. It's technically a birthday present from Lerdle and Papa (Grandma and Grandpa Stuckey), but it was getting warm here so my mom told me to go ahead and get it early! Cousin Hayley has one too, just like this. And Joc and Jes had one Eli played with last May/June in Dallas.



Here he is enjoying dumping water out. He loved the arctic slide, too. The ducks just barely fit through.




It took about 5 minutes before he decided it would be fun to climb up into it. He didn't even see the photo of Hayley standing in hers to inspire him. Kids must think along the same lines at this age!


As a conclusion to this post, I thought I would highlight two things with videos. First, Eli is finally starting to say things that are intelligible--like duck. He has understood me for a long time and said his own words for things, but now he's learning, well, real words!


Secondly, as much fun as he had with the water table, check out what ensued when he was naughty and didn't listen and I had to bring him inside!! He was one unhappy camper. Incidentally, he has never used those shoes before, so he was grabbing the shoe because he now associates the shoes with playing with the water table. I know this because he carried them around the rest of tonight trying to get me to let him put them on again and go to play "Duck".

4 comments:

Clint said...

Okay, is Dora ever not smiling?!?!? She is so cute!!!! And, isn't the water table THE GREATEST invention ever (aside from Gymbucks)? Hayley's looooves her water table - she can play with it all afternoon. Love the pictures! Linsey

Grandma Carla said...

What a great reaction to seeing the water table the first time! We're glad he likes it. Sorry it was too cold today to play outside with it(Apr 29th.) I know that was a setback in parent/child relations! Perhaps it will be warm up by tomorrow!

Nate Poulson said...

Too funny. You showed him...

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

That was not a comment from Nate. From Jen. I always forget to sign out...