Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sunglasses and naptime...

Eli always needs his crib to sleep. Always. He has NEVER slept in bed with Whit and I, and it has never worked to get him to go back to sleep, either.

I also finally got him on a regular nap schedule a few months ago--he almost always goes down at 1 pm.

Imagine my surprise today at 12 when a whiny guy collapses on the floor with his blanket and I find this!! (By the by, that's the nasty blanket that he LOVES and I cannot seem to replace with anything else, no matter how nice.)





In case this wasn't clear--he went to sleep on the floor after a bout of crying! He slept there for two hours!! So odd, but I guess he was really exhausted.
Also Whit got this photo this am... Eli loves my sunglasses!!


I snapped this photo on a walk yesterday. Eli is definitely a boy. He loves to play in dirt and muck. He noticed this little hole in these green covers (for our internet) that collect sludge and had to dig his little fingers into it! (Please note his cute new sneakers!)
I love that now, jealous of Isadora taking all the attention, Eli climbs up on my lap all the time. He never used to sit on my lap for more than a minute since he's not much into the snuggling. Isn't it cute!? This was after his nap this afternoon. (As a side note, I was just thinking, "Hey I don't look that fat..." Then I saw this photo. Photos don't lie like mirrors do.. DEPRESSING!)



And not to be left out, I finally caught the end of one of Dora's smiles!! She isn't wearing a bow and is just in a random sleeper, but I am posting it anyway!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post rings very true for me. You could insert Brigham where it says Eli and it would still be accurate!

Grandma Carla said...

Great picture of Eli in the sunglasses with the cheesy smile. Dad had not been able to get to your blog to see pictures of Dora and so he'd never seen her. He has enjoyed looking at the pictures of her and Eli. I brought him some pictures and a little album to keep.