Thursday, April 9, 2009

Growing up

Today I watched Eli walk straight up the stairs, without having to hold on to anything and I just started to cry! My little boy is growing up and it breaks my heart! I don't like the newborn stage much, but I LOVE the toddler stage Eli is at now! He came back down the stairs in a second when he saw me crying and while he came back down he blew me kisses and said "I love you" (Which admittedly sounds more like AH wah wuh) but it's how he says it!

How can parents handle losing their babies!?

2 comments:

The Thompsons said...

I agree with you on all levels...newborn stage, they are adorable, but exausting...but the fun little toddler stage is so fun! As they get bigger though they just get more and more fun. Londyn just turned three and says the funniest thing I have ever heard. I wanted to freeze her last year, but now I want to freeze her at this stage!! Your kids are adorable!!!! I want to hold cute little Dora!!

Bryn

Grandma Carla said...

I can empathize. It's hard to see them grow up and later go off on their own. It's good that you have lots of pictures.