Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dad and Eli's Big Day Out

Whitney and Eli went to Washington DC yesterday to visit Whit's brother Golden. Eli had a great time on his big day out with dad, even though he caught a bit of a cold and wasn't feeling so hot. They played at Uncle Golden's sweet digs and went to eat at an Ethiopian place. Uncle Golden is leaving before too long to be an Ambassador for the US!! Neat, huh? We are hoping to make this trip a monthly event for Dad and Eli for the next little while so they can get in some face time with Uncle Golden before he ships out.



I will kick off the photos, though, with one of Dora in an outfit Jen gave her. I love the little sheep. You can see, but the butt of the pants is all frilly!! Eli likes to point at her onesie and baaaaa.. Yes, he notices the tiny sheep!









Here's Whit and Eli in front of the restaurant.



Here's Eli and Uncle Golden--hoodie buddies!



While Eli was visiting, Uncle Golden made cookies for him. Eli sure was spoiled--and they watched some Blues Clues, too. I think Uncle Golden may be in the lead for "favorite uncle"!



Also, Eli felt much worse today than yesterday--so I never bothered to take him out of his pjs. The only time he was really happy today (mostly he just sat in pjs watching TV! I let him watch as much as he wants when he's sick.) was when we went outside and he splashed around in the puddles. It was really cute!! But I got this photo of Dad with the two kiddos that was pretty cute. You can tell Eli's not feeling well. He hates to be cuddled usually, but he was clingy all day today. (I will admit--there is a part of me that loves when he's sick because he wants to sit on my lap all day!)

And finally, when I returned from the gym today, what a surprise!! Whit's boss sent us these amazing flowers and a gift for the baby!! It's enormous (you can't tell how big it really is--the hydrangeas are GINORMOUS), and beautiful!! The best flowers I have gotten in a LONG time! :-) Thanks Dr. Kass!

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

I miss you. I need my family. I'm lonely.

Clint said...

How fun! A Daddy-Son outing. Maybe I should arrange one of those. Isn't it weird that know one seems soooo easy?! Love the flowers - they're beautiful. Linsey

Grandma Carla said...

What fun pictures - what a fun outing for Whit and Eli. When does Golden go?