Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Inspirational Story of the Month

Is here.

I have a new plan now. I am sick and tired... Did I say that with enough emphasis? SICK AND FREAKING TIRED of writing and revising and being rejected out of hand.

Conventional writing wisdom (and a zillion agents out there) all say do not write book two in a series until/unless you have sold book one. I have written two book ones. No one seems to want them.

MY NEW PLAN IS THIS:

I will write books 2 and 3 in my series. Then I will revise and polish. I will revise and polish again and again. And Again. AND AGAIN. And then I will release them via Kindle and Nook... for a six month period I'll put out a book every two months. Maybe I won't have this lady's success--who knows? Maybe I will. But at least I won't have to do the query letter rejection rounds anymore. I think I'm done with those. :-)

Thoughts?

Bridget

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

I have no thoughts. Sorry. I just think you're awesome in the first place for even writing ONE book.
you can do it!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Publishing is brutal. I'm proud of you for trying it.

Eric said...

Have you let friends and family read the rough draft to get outside opinions/ideas?