Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Catch Up Blog

My kids have the funniest dynamic right now. Basically, Eli wants to come up with everything himself. If you ask him to do something and he doesn't want to do it (or you can't make him think it's his idea) he pouts. So, I said, hey Eli, let's get a shot of you in your doctor shirt. He didn't want to, but DORA wanted a photo. She hopped in right next to sad sack Eli with a happy look. Here was that first photo. I only threw it in because you can see how tall Eli is! (And Dora too, for that matter).


Dora then tried to cheer him up by snuggling on him... FUNNY!


Here she is trying to give him a kiss!! Hahaha. He wasn't having any of it.

Finally, unable to cheer him up, she got sad too.


Two Sundays back Dora wore a dress my grandma made for me years ago. I thought to snap a photo of it before we left for church. (Ignore that bandaid on her head! She was dancing and fell and hit the bottom of the desk chair! It swelled up like a marble was under there! I felt so bad for her, but the bandaid was in her hair so it stayed for a LONG time!)

Eli wanted in on the photo action, too.


Here are some shots of them after Dora's nap. She woke up grumpy so we watched a show and both kids climbed up right next to me. That doesn't happen a lot, mostly because I'm usually doing something if there's a show on--so I had Whit document me and my two angels.



One of their favorite things right now is to make their blankets into capes. I love that they are really smiling here.



For Valentine's Day cards, I took some snapshots--and these were the rejects.


If I ask them to smile or say cheese, this is the terrifying result. Annoying! Why can't my kids smile on demand??

This one is ALMOST like the one I picked. Just a TINY bit different.


Here's my happy little baby man.

Finally, Dora got a big girl bed! She loves it. Seriously, from the time it was dropped off and set up, she just climbed in, said "Night night" and went to sleep. She has trouble keeping it toy free at nap time, though... She still sleeps on a nest of blankets too. One thing at a time, right?

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

Love all the pictures! I love Dora's hair in those little pigtails!!!

Kristen said...

They are so cute!!! I love all of thier facial expressions, too funny!

Natalie said...

Nice bed! Those flower stickers are removable if you want.

eden&mike said...

I love Eli in the doctor shirt. So funny. We put the Valentines from you on the fridge. Zach keeps asking "why is Doras hair so long". I tell him its because she is growing up. And he says "Is she 5 now"? -I think moving away they froze the images of your kids at that age. Its hard for them to understand that they are growing up too. We miss you! xoxoxo

AmyB said...

What sweet kids. The dress is so cute and that Eli is so handsome! Congrats on the girl. That's what we have one boy and two girls!