Thursday, February 24, 2011

BBQ Nirvana?

So Whitney got a new grill for Christmas from my parents... I thought it was a gift for him since I don't often eat meat. He has made things on it a few times--and Whit's famous for his grilled bacon, tomato and fresh basil pizza. BUT, tonight, he made steak for us and hot dogs for the kids. He used this local blackberry barbecue marinade and it was snowing outside. Somehow all those elements combined because I always eat a bit of my piece and give it to him. This was steak that cost $7 for both at Wal Mart... so not the "finest angus beef" or anything. He had to FIGHT me to get me to give up some of my steak to him and I ate a bit (okay more than a bit) of his hot dog!

Maybe it's just because I'm pregnant but that was the best steak I've had (other than Beef Wellington--let's be real here.)

:-)

Mmmm, Beef Wellington. Okay, so maybe I am pregnant and eating everything in sight, but still, Way to Go Whitney!!

-Bridget

1 comment:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I love the grill. It means all I have to come up with for dinner is the side to whatever I make Tyler grill. I am not a huge meat eater either, but I honestly think grilling is the way to go. And I am no longer pregnant and still eating ALOT haha. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. I don't think anything can prepare you for how wonderful and hard kids are :).