Monday, February 7, 2011

Dora's Second Birthday Party

YAY- Dora had her second birthday party!! She doesn't turn two for another week, but we wanted Grandma Carla (aka, Lerdle-luh) to be here! I loved this photo.

The bouncy house outside was a big hit. Poor Whitney had to stay out there almost the whole time refereeing the kids. At one point, some of the kids put Dora's new jeep in there and were trying to ride up the wall. Sheesh! It was fun, though. I threw this one in because Dora looks cute and you can see Eli's little feet. We were LUCKY it was such nice weather. The sun was out and it was about 50 degrees out there, which for Oregon in February was GREAT. All the kids were running around barefoot and in short sleeves! So was I!


Dora's friend Marlee was about the only kid out there watching out for Dora. She kept helping her up. It was cute.



Dora and her Daddy... Thanks Dad for making it so fun! 19 kids under 5 was a LOT!
Dora got lots of presents, too. That silly little girl is spoiled rotten.

Here was her cake. We had cake and cupcakes after having chicken pita pockets and pb&j sandwiches.

I thought this photo of Eli and Dora's skirt (in blur) was cute.

I wish I'd gotten a better photo of her cake--my mom made it and it has bullseye on it. Cute!



Worst photo ever of me, but see? I was there.

After waiting until they'd eaten lunch, the kids were giddy to eat some cake/cupcakes.

Then it was back out to the bouncy house again. Sorry Whit!!

Dora would get all upset there were so many kids and cry and cry, but she didn't want out. She wanted us to order them all out. So, I took a photo of this--because it's her birthday, so she can cry if she wants to!


To cheer her up, we let her open her one gift from Mom and Dad and Eli. A new Barbie Jeep (no stickers put on yet)...

She got lots of other loot too! Cute sunglasses, eh?

My parents gave her a snap on doll (for church), and some cool food for her play kitchen and a handmade blanket and pillowcase for her new toddler bed.

She also got a cowgirl kitty because it was a cowgirl themed party. :-)

My little angel. She's such a sweetie. I wish I could freeze frame you at this age forever!!

HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY DORA!


2 comments:

Jana said...

It looks like so much fun!

Cassidy said...

Happy Birthday Dora!!! I'm saying it a day early in case I forget. Looks like a fun party!