Friday, February 5, 2010

Update

As anyone who still reads my blog knows, things have been BUSY here! I made a quick trip out to look at houses and we have been anxiously engaged in finding the best deal possible!

Whit watched the kiddies for a few days and I was SO happy to see them when I came home! They are growing so fast. You blink and miss it.

Here's Eli. His latest is that he WON'T stop TALKING--even for a second. When we put him down for naps--you can hear him chattering to himself in his room! He must take after his dad, because as you all know, I am quiet as a mouse and never, ever chatter...

He is also obsessed with his daddy. It's Dada this, and Dada that. On the way back from the gym a few days ago, I pointed out the hospital and said, "Eli, that's where Dada Works. He goes to help people feel better when they are sick in that enormous building."

You could hear the wheels turning in his head.

"Oh. Eli go work hospital too."

Now every time we pass the hospital he cheers, "Dada work. Eli work there too."

In his obsession with all things Dad, he commonly puts on his clothes. It was too cute to see him walking around in Dad's hat, and gloves. (Whit always rides his bike to work, and it's cold, so he gets all decked out before going in.) This is the coat he always wears for the bikeride too!

It wasn't complete without Dad's shoes, too, though.

Eli also yells out "Cheese" every time I get out the camera and if I am fast I get a slightly less pained smile than it used to be, too.
My angel is almost one! I am just about to start crying--why do they get old so fast!? She is starting to get some hair (which I am excited about) and dad is beginning the big push to retire the bows.
He was making good points (I used to keep them on her so much she had a bow line where there was no hair because it rubbed it off) and winning some ground. Until we went to Applebee's yesterday. The waitress called her a boy.
Bows back on!


She still has huge blue eyes. I love those baby eyes! Oh and tooth number 8 is almost through!


Here is Eli trying to get her to smile--he is "tickling her" for me since she doesn't understand to 'say cheese'. Can you tell someone LOVES her older brother?



Here is the big kiddo, beaming and saying cheese.


A few days ago, Eli woke up at just after six am. Of course, Whit had been working all night, but that didn't stop him from waking up daddy to go sledding. With the early hour, we intended for mom and Dora to stay inside. When Dora saw them go outside she camped out by the window and started crying. She would not stop--so finally I put her in her 2 sizes too big (for next year) snowboots and out we went. I love how happy she is in this shot!


Whit's such a good dad-going down with both kids over and over. I love Eli's face here.

Obviously Eli is in heaven. The next day the snow was almost gone, but he was begging to go sledding as soon as he woke up. Luckily it's snowing again outside right now and we're supposed to get like 10 inches!


Here's our snowbunny with her huge boots!


ZOOM!

I'll have to do videos tomorrow...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is making me miss you guys! You better stop by for a visit on your way out west! :)

Rachel said...

Whitney came and played in the snow with my kids once when they were littler. Played with them for a good long time. A good Dad and just a good guy all the way around. Proud to be his aunt.

Anonymous said...

So many fun pictures in the snow! I really hope that we will make it to Utah before all the snow is gone so that the twins can experience sledding...looks like both of your little tykes love it! I agree it is pretty impressive that Whitney would come home from work exhausted and play in the cold with his kids...but that is just the kind of person he is. I love all of Dora's little butterfly clothing...I got some for Joc but its a bit too chilly here for her to be able to wear it. Keep putting bows on her head, jocelyn had a band where she didn't have too much hair for a while, but now her head is full of hair! I do love the Eli seems to adore his little sister now.

Grandma Carla said...

What fun pictures of snow adventures! Eli's face is pretty cute in the sledding one and Dora's face is pretty interesting in that one too!

Love Eli all dressed up in his dad's duds.

Lori said...

Yeah !!! I agree with Rachel....Whitney's always been my favorite....but I'll deny it if anyone asks.... Got your cute Valentine's day card!! Thanks!!! Can't wait to have you closer.....