Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our Visit from an Officer of the Law

Dora was playing with my phone yesterday and accidentally managed to call 911. When we hung up the phone (not knowing she had called it), they called back. We told them that it was an error--our one year old called. They said okay and hung up.

Whitney looked at me and said, "You know, if I was a bad guy, and I realized you'd called 911, I would of course have just said it was an accidental call. What good is this??"

I agreed and did not feel very safe. But I was glad it was easy, because I would have felt bad if they sent a policeman out for nothing!

A few minutes passed and...knock knock knock. Sure enough, a police car was at our front door. We had to show our IDs and prove we were the people who were supposed to live here. Then he kept looking at Whitney and then at me, to give me a chance to give him the battered wife nod or something! Haha. At least I feel safer now! Whit thought it would make us look suspicious, but I snapped a photo of him after he left (well, his car in our driveway, anyhow.)

Dora's first run in with the law!!

5 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

Watch your behavior - she knows the number for help! Funny!

Liz said...

thats hilarious! i guess dora didnt like how she was being treated;)

Cassidy said...

tsk, tsk, tsk. You probably had the neighbors talking. haha. i'm surprised that hasn't happened to us yet.

Linsey said...

That is SO funny! At least the officer came!!!! Colin accidentally dialed 911 the other day and nothing happened. We didn't even get a call back.

(Linsey)

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

That's awesome! I've always had the same thought! Glad to see they cam and checked on you.