Friday, February 19, 2010

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ISADORA!

Isadora turned one a few days ago!! I think I have some talents, but being a creative party planning nut (like my sister in laws) is just not one of mine. SO, do not judge me when you see Dora's party. I totally bought a cake and added jelly beans to it. So what!?

She had her doctor appt yesterday and she didn't even cry when she got a PPD (since Dad's an ER doc), a finger stick and a shot!! By the third and fourth shots though, she did cry a little. What a tough little thing! She's still getting skinnier each visit even though this little bean sure eats and eats and eats. (Today she ate a whole bowl of mac and cheese and two bowls of yogurt for dinner!)

Here's the birthday girl. My mom got the shirt and I bought the skirt. I actually also bought a shirt, that is short sleeved, and I remember thinking it was a waste to have two. BUT after she ate some birthday cake (and the sugar made her sick so she threw it back up) I was glad I had two shirts!!

See? She has a cute little mullet at 1.

Wispies! Wispies!


Here are a few of my girlfriend who came for the party.

Dora chowing down!



Now in her new clothes, opening some presents. YAY! I will say, she had no idea what was going on. But the big kids sure did. It was sort of a crazy cluster around the presents and Dora didn't open a one in the feeding frenzy. Eli is still adamant that the giraffe bike my mom got is his.





The only toy Dora really got into was this sucker. She actually bit through the plastic and got to sucker!! That's what 8 teeth do!!



Before you feel sorry for the little angel (that her mom is such a lame party planner) at least consider--I did plan a professional photographer to get some photos that morning. I just selected my proofs so I will post those once I get the final ones back. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORA!!

2 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

It appears that the party was just right for Dora and she's the one you have to please! It looks like she had lots of fun with all the kids and cake and a sucker too! She looks so cute!
I can hardly wait until y'all come live here (even if it is just for a short time!)

Cassidy said...

She is darling and I'm in love with her tights!!! Happy Birthday DORA!!!