Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New House!

Some of you may already know I went to Oregon on a quick trip to check out some houses that were too good a deal to wait for...

We managed to come to terms on one of them--in downtown Grants Pass. We are actually getting four city lots (over an acre of land) right in the heart of it all! It's a few blocks from my gym, the church building, a park, lots of restaurants, my favorite bakery, and on and on.

It's a traditional colonial home with huge trees and an enormous fenced in front yard...

a big beautiful kitchen....

A nice formal dining room...


with a big family room, breakfast room and lots of built ins... There's also a kids' playroom on the other side of the dining room.


Here's the master...


And the best part is that there's a full tennis court (or in our case, a basketball court, volleyball area or rollerblade rink!)


a beautifully landscaped front yard with a really cool fountain, bird house, tree with benches around it, and lots of gazebos...


and...wait for it... a guest house, a pool (with a hard cover) and a hot tub!


Wanna come visit!? :-) We close June 2. Woohoo!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! It's just dreamy. I am so in love with it. CONGRATS! I'm so super excited for you.

I just love it.
I especially love the light colored walls.
Actually, I love everything about it.
I'll save my pennies for a plane ticket, so I can use that guest house!

I LOVE IT!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

OH MY GOODNESS!

Yes, yes, I definitely want to come visit.

Congrats. Congrats. It's just beautiful.

Grandma Carla said...

What a lovely place!

Unknown said...

That is so nice! Love it!

Cassidy said...

We're there.

Congrats!

jennifer charzewski said...

WOWIE!!!! i love it - can't wait to visit! Jarod will be so jealous of your pool . . . he's really pushing for us to put one in!

Tam said...

Wow! Congratulations. The house is beautiful - a perfect fit for such a lovely family. I have to say, the pool, hot tub, and guest house are my fave features. Enjoy!
Also, I hope it comes with a gardener; that looks like a lot of yard work.

Anonymous said...

That's it... we're not only coming to visit, but we are moving in. :) We'll just stay in the 'guest house.' :) What a beautiful home... so exciting for y'all. I love evrything about it, especially the big yard and fun things in the yard. :)

Jana said...

I love it!

Tara said...

Goodness!!!!! Heard through the grapevine tonight that you sold AND bought... um... didn't I just see you 10 DAYS ago??? How very, very exciting!!!!! LOVE the house, of course! Congratulations too on selling; what an enormous relief to be on your way to putting it behind you. Big things in store for the Bakers!!!!

And yes, we would love to come visit! :-)

Chris and Suzette said...

HOLY COW! It's AMAZING! Congratulations Bakers!!! LOVE the tennis/volleyball/whatever court!!