Sunday, March 1, 2009

Isadora's Blessing

Today at church Whitney blessed little Isadora Elizabeth. It was really neat, and he did a wonderful job, blessing her with a love of the gospel, the ability to magnify the good in others, and to be married in the temple one day to a loving spouse. (Among many other things). Whitney's dad, brother Haven, and two of our friends (Nate Poulson and Mike Banzhaf) stood in for the blessing. Dora was great and slept right through it!

Here are some photos of everyone...











Here are some of our little family after we got home while we are still dressed up. They include the photo of Eli holding Dora (by request, Angela!)




















I am also throwing in some bonus photos from this weekend.


I tried out my soft focus feature (note the hand by her face; unlike Eli, she poses!):



Grandpa Hugh holding her... (She always sleeps with her hand by her face! Cute, huh? I think she's preparing for Glamour Shots!)






10 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

What great pictures! What a wonderful occasion! It was fun to be here for it. Love the one with Eli holding Dora... Oh, and by the way - there's never too many pictures. That's why we check the blogs so often!

Unknown said...

She's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

So fun to see these pictures and so quickly! I LOVE the picture where Eli is holding her and he is just looking at her smiling...precious. Also love the new family pic at the top of the blog...what a fun day to have so much family in town...and such a good little Isadora to sleep through her blessing. Maybe he should have blessed her to figure out her nights and days so that she could get on a better sleep schedule...hmm maybe you should remember that for the next one. :)

Lori said...

She's so precious and what a special occasion. Her dress is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Cassidy said...

Oh she is so adorable! You know, as I was looking at some of the pictures, I actually could see a little of Eli in her. I think they might look a little more alike! She still has your eyes. I love the picture of Eli and Dora. What a pretty dress!!!!! Fancy. Wish I were there. . . Your hair looks really good Bridget! I love your tie Whit. Random things to notice, but I did. miss you.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a handsome family Bridget and Whitney! That smile on Eli's face while he's holding Dora is so sweet.

What a great day. Again, you guys all look terrific.

The Boyce's said...

Bridget,
You may not remember me...I'm Bo's sister. I found your blog on Bo & cassidy's. Anyway, your little family is absolutely adorable! Little Dora is TOO cute! Congrats!
Amanda (Beus) Boyce

Kristen said...

Ya'll have such a cute family! She looks beautiful in her blessing gown

Maren said...

I know that I'm supposed to be commenting on Dora's beauty (and she's adorable), but I'm mostly jealous that Bridget looks so good on blessing day. I still looked like a blimp!!!!

Clint said...

Dora, I wish we could have been in Pennsylvania for your blessing! You sure looked beautiful in your white dress and bow! And you do look a little like your brother in that one picture with your hand by your cheek. So cute! Linsey