Friday, March 13, 2009

Dora's Room, Scrubs and Oreos

This will be a bit of a random post. I had some photos I took of various things on my camera and so I am putting them up.


First, here are some photos of Dora's nursery again. Lila (Whit's mom) painted the carebears I wanted over the crib while she was here, and I haven't had time to put up photos yet--shame on me! They came out cute, huh? Maybe I just think that because she painted exactly what I told her to!











Then I also finally made the shadowbox I have been planning. It has a little bib and booties my mom saved that were SO cute that I wore, and she wore. It also has a photo of my mom as a small child (no baby photos handy), a photo of me as a baby, and then a photo of Dora from her blessing--so three generations of women in our family as infants.




And I finally included a photo of the embroidery block my mom did with Isadora on it for her quilt. (You couldn't see it very well in the prior nursery photos).




Next up, we have a photo of Eli--Oreo anyone??





And a photo of Dora sleeping. She always puts her hand up--I hope she keeps posing when she gets older!




Finally, here are a few shots of Eli in the new scrubs my mom got him at the hospital gift shop when Dora was born... Cute huh!? And hey--he is finally starting to get some hair--like a little boy!!





7 comments:

AmyB said...

Very cute pictures. I love the paintings on the wall and those scrubs are too cute!!!

Unknown said...

VERY impressive paintings! Way to go Aunt Lila! And I love the quilt your mother did! It's darling!

Cute kids you have!

Cassidy said...

The room looks good! I'm glad you're FINALLY posting pics. j/k :) Man you have some cute little kiddos. Dora is already changing! Yay Eli and hair!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh those scrubs are the most adorable thing ever...he looks like a mini-whitney! your mother in law did an awesome job with the painting!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

love the scrubs lol and love the photos!

Clint said...

Whitney, your mom's artwork is BEAUTIFUL!!!! She is so talented. Wow! And I love the pictures of Eli in his scrubs! I wonder if he'll grow up to be a doctor too! And, of course, Dora looks adorable with her little hand propped up against her face. I sure miss you guys! Linsey

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

She is getting big already! The paintings are perfect! And we love the scrubs!