Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Isadora...

Most of you are probably tired of photos of Dora already, but for the few who aren't, here are some more.


These are clearly a little older, but my mom took them with her camera and just sent them to me. The first is me and Dora on the day we went home from the hospital, and the second is the same day just after we made it home.





Of course, I have to include a sleeping one... She sleeps all day and is up all night. AGHHH!!!





I snapped a few while Dad was holding her... so here is one of those.



Eli loves the baby so far, but I think that has more to do with how much attention and company he has had since even before she was born. I got a cute shot of him between Uncle Golden and Grandpa. One happy kid...







Grandpa has been great, reading to him and playing with him all day long. Grandma Lerdle brought a Follow the Prophet book to him when she came and he loves it. Hugh has read it to him about 20 times. Here they are reading it...



Whit has the week off, and Eli has taken full advantage by playing trains with him every day. Isn't this cute? Clearly he's having a good time.




Here is a photo of the four of us my mom took before she left to go back home on Sunday morning. Eli's in pajamas, but you can tell he's happy!



Also a two points of interest--I was released from my calling teaching gospel doctrine. It is a relief, since I wasn't sure what I would do when Whitney had to work with two little ones at church by myself, but I am also sad. I have been teaching Sunday school almost since moving into the ward, and it's strange not to have a lesson to prepare. I feel like I am missing out on the learning I was forced to do each week!

The big news though, which Whit insisted I bury at the bottom of the post, is that Whitney was named Chief Resident for next year!! It's a pretty big honor, and I am really proud of him. It will mean more work, but I think he will learn a lot, too. Congratulations Whitney!! Your family is so proud!


One last thing... Here is a video of Lila opening her presents with Eli's help. Her birthday is in March, but since she's out here visiting, we celebrated it a bit early.






5 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful baby! Beautiful family!! And Congrats to Whit!! WE are VERY proud as well.

Amber said...

We will miss you teaching Sunday School as well. And congrats to Whitney - that's great news!

Anonymous said...

Such fun family pictures. Love that whitney is laying down on the job while playing trains with Eli! Congrats whit on being chief...I know what your job description is as chief because I watch Grey's Anatomy...just kidding. Wish we could make it out there for the blessing, but take lots of pictures. Eli looks so tall sitting on his grandpa's lap...how tall is he?

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Don't ever apologize for too many pictures Bridget! She's so beautiful and it's fun to see your family.


Congrats to Whitney! Hooray for him.

Cheryl said...

Bridget Stuckey!!! How are you? How is your family? I haven't seen or heard from you since your wedding reception 7 years ago. Your daughter is precious.
Cheryl Mathis Bowe
webowes@hotmail.com