Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Opinions

Eli has already begun developing opinions about his clothes!! Ahhhh! Today he insisted on wearing his dog shirt (thanks Grandma Stuckey). He loves the shirts he has with dogs on them. He also LOVES his new shoes (which are too big.) They are fake crocs (lined) that I got on clearance at CVS pharmacy for $2.49!! I bought them for next year since they are lined... so I got a 7/8. They totally hang off the back of his feet but he won't wear anything else for walks now! *sigh* I REALLY didn't think opinions about clothes started this early (at least for boys.) I guess he really is his mother's son...

Bridget

6 comments:

Lori said...

Oh year!!!! You definetly have to get that stopped. Remind him yours is the only opinion that counts....haha.

Cassidy said...

Carter is doing the same thing! On having an opinion on clothes, that is. He's been into wearing two shirts lately. He's sweating like crazy 'cause it's hot, but he won't take them off!!!

Grandma Carla said...

Well, a boy has to have something that makes him feel in control, right? Eli likes to call the shots whenever he can - reminds me of someone else I knew once...

Anonymous said...

Joc does this too. I just pick out two outfits and let her select one of them...then she feels like she is in control...but really i am. good luck with that...jesse could care less about what i put on him besides his shoes...he is addicted to his new crocs.

Clint said...

Yep, Hayley does this too. She definitely has her favorite outfits and loooves picking out her own clothes and shoes. I thought this was cute until she started thinking it was cool not to match. Linsey

Seth & Courtney said...

Let me just say I can totally empathize! Who told them they could have opinions of their own so soon? Merrick is almost six and we struggle with this on a daily basis. Thank goodness for school uniforms!