Monday, March 9, 2009

Adorable Eli...

Lots of jokes have been made about how Isadora IS aDORAble... And she is. But so is the little baby boy... so here is a blog predominantly about him. Auntie Em came over yesterday to play with him. She has been here since he was born--for three weeks of dedicated helping out with him at the outset of his life and then ever since (living here for a while) and now visiting (not enough!) She is, other than lerdlela perhaps, his favorite person alive. Not a day passes lately that he does not wander around the house crying for Nana (his chosen name for Auntie Em.) I think it's sort of close to Emma or something. Before you get sad mom, he cried for you for like 15 minutes today, walking all around looking for you after you called and I confirmed it was indeed Lerdlele on the phone.

Anyhow, he saw a photo of Nana today on the computer and was very distressed that I wouldn't call her to come over. (He will bring me the phone, like he did yesterday and say NANA over and over, when there is a photo handy, he points, until I call her. ) Today I knew she was working and then had a real estate class, so I couldn't get her to come over. I didn't want to call and get his hopes up so *I* was the bad guy for refusing to call! Great.

The point, though, is that yesterday she DID come over and took him for a walk. It was pretty nice outside (for PA in the winter) so I threw Dora in the baby bjorn, covered it with a blanket and covered that with a coat! You can see I am in capris so it wasn't TOO cold, but still I didn't want her to catch a chill. She LOVED the bjorn, falling asleep almost instantly and snoozing the whole time. Oh and you can see in this photo, too, that Eli is hugging me. When you ask him now, he will come hug you--around the neck if you bend over, or around the legs if you don't. He's been giving great kisses on demand for a long time, but the hugs are new in the last few weeks.




Emma took some cute photos of Eli. The first one was from the day before, but I liked his new shirt (Thanks mom for the Gymboree Bucks...) but the rest are from our walk.






I should also explain the canned smile in the photos below! He is hard to get to smile these days. However, I was trying to show him what I wanted (by smiling) and he now will usually "Smile" when I ask him to, but you can see, it is TOTALLY FAKE! It's kinda funny, or maybe I just think that because I am his mom! See what I mean?








So here are the others...Everyone but my mom will probably think there are too many, but Auntie Em did a good job!! And I feel like I have kind of been neglecting him lately on the blog...




This is his excited face. Instead of saying wow, he says Buh!!



Here he is holding a tiny pinecone--they are all over at my neighbors.




I am also including two photos of Dora because I can't totally exclude her!! She looked so cute on Dad last night!! She is up tp 9 lbs already, but she is still so tiny!!




2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Bridget, it's so fun to see the pictures of the kids. They are darling. I can't believe you can get Eli to smile on command already...canned or no, that's an accomplishment.

Walks are sanity savers with little kids, don't you think?

Grandma Carla said...

NEVER TOO MANY pictures!!! We love seeing those cute little ones. You have to love those forced smiles, he doesn't quite have the pained look that PaPa Don has when he smiles for the camera, but I think with time, Eli might be able to develop it! Dora has changed since I left and it has only been a few days...