Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Galveston Day One

SO--Whit was going to give me the night off--by taking the two big kids AND the baby to Galveston for a Mardi Gras parade.  I was going to stay home with Emmy and my pump.  HA!  At the last minute, my mom offered to take the baby so we could try going together with just the big kids! Seemed like too good an opportunity to miss!! It was (almost) the perfect vacation!  I managed to forget a bottle, which left me pumping one side at a time (doubling my time--that was ANNOYING) and I got a really bad headache for some reason, which is really unusual for me... so I had NO TYLENOL or IBUPROFIN! Boo! But otherwise we had a GREAT TIME!!! 

Here are some shots from the first day.  We got there around 4:30 or so.  We all headed down to the beach for a stroll. Emmy won't sleep in the car so she was a little cranky but she perked up at the beach.  

 She wanted me to carry her at all times.  It was really cute and endearing... and also kind of wore out my arm! Who knew I was so weak!?
 I didn't really need my jacket (Whit was right).  Darn--I took it so I had to carry it.  May as well wear it!
 MUST SQUISH DAD'S CHEEKS!  Poor Whit!
 Dora loved the sand.  I barely got her away from it for a photo.

 He is SUCH a good dad.  That's SO HOT.
 Eli still insists on doing an "ACTION" during EACH photo.  WHAT!? Has anyone else heard of this!???
 I LOVE this man.  MORE EVERY DAY.  Seriously.  SO SO SO SO lucky.  He's my blessings 1-100.  Then the kids pick up around 101.
 LOVE her enthusiasm.
 My little angel! Loving Dora rocking with joy in the background.


 Too close to the ground to keep Emmy's attention anywhere but near the sand.

 Dora could NOT be kept out of the water. SOAKED her tights.  Ha.  Little waterbug.  She's been like that since her first trip to the beach at 6 months.

 This kid cracks me up.  Love his faces.  I guess a silly face can replace an "action?"  I'll take it.
 My little buddy.
 She was getting a little tired.  Look at those eyes! And cheeks! And hair! And button nose? Am I ridiculous? I love every single gorgeous thing about her!
 Sweet little angel.  She loves her mom.  I had a pretty girl on either side of me.  I'm really lucky.
 My beaming boys.  Oh, we had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp.  Dora insisted.  She didn't want the fish grill Whit and I picked.  Then, when we got in, guess what she wanted? JUST A DRINK! Nothing else!! Ridiculous!
 Our waiter took a snap shot.
 On the walk home it cooled down.  Emmy's in Whit's sweater.  She asked SO nicely.  It was cute.  I love watching her learn to say things and communicate.  SO FUN! Poor Whit is such a great dad.  He never acts put upon either.  Just carries BOTH big girls with no complaint.
 I LOVE LOVE Eli's sweater.  I would put him in it every day.  He's such a handsome man! Just like his daddy.
Thanks mom for a FUN FUN weekend getaway!

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

You're welcome. Glad my print job held off long enough for me to keep Amethyst.