Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sledding

Here are a few blog housekeeping issues... :-) A few weeks ago I went to NYC for a writer's conference and stayed with an old friend of mine. It turns out that Chase's apartment is above Cafe Lalo, which is the cafe from You've Got Mail! Neat, eh?
My best friend at the Writer's conference is Quinn Holladay, who has a book published already, which you can buy on Amazon. It's called "Dropping the Other Shoe" and I really enjoyed it. Isn't she cute? It just so happens she lives in Houston, too, so I can see her when I go visit family.

Okay, now to the sledding. (The reason for these posts now is that I used my small, portable camera for the sledding photos so I could take quick videos and it's also the only one I took to NYC. So, I finally uploaded the sledding photos and found those others I had forgotten. Props to Whit who was a ROCKSTAR to watch the kids alone for 2.5 days so I could go to New York!
As you can see in these photos, the snow was SO FLUFFY and thick that it was hard to sled in! We had to clear areas just to get the sled to move down! Also, our house has a hill on the side and back, which is annoying all year EXCEPT around snowtime--because then we can sled!








My little snowbunny and snowman! I LOVE my new cold weather coat. I love the hood! I had a hat on too, though, so that's why I look a little odd. (Yes, insert joke here).


Also, I just love my Uggs! And I confess, Dora is in her fleecy footed pajamas with a coat and next year's shoes (big enough to go on over the fleecy footies!) I know it looks silly, but I didn't ger her snow clothes yet!


And one last confession--that IS ketchup on Eli's face. We hadn't cleaned it off from lunch. Whoops! He's wearing his "Nana Hat", the one Nana made him.


Here's one of me going down the hill with Dora, to prove I was there.

Eli is a pro this year and insisted on going down himself most of the time. Isn't he amazing at sledding!? :-)

And last but not least, Whit with BOTH kids. Yes, he is SUPERDAD!

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

That Eli is a sledding pro! I didn't know Emma made a cap for him - very cute. Love the Lady Isadora in her bear cap and pink hooded coat. She looks lovely (as always.) The sledding videos are fun to watch - I understand Eli's fascination with them.

Unknown said...

Oh . . . I miss the snow! I wanna go sledding! zit looks like the kiddos had SO MUCH fun!!!! And you too - at the Writer's Conference. I want to hear all about it. Can't wait till your famous! (LINSEY)

Maren said...

I did the same thing with the footed jammies when it snowed in Vegas last year. It was the closest thing I had to warm winter wear, and it works great! Who needs a snow suit!?

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of the sledding, looks like a lot of fun. The twins got kinda freaked out when I showed them the videos...not sure why but they were scared that y'all were going to fall from going too fast.