Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tree

I caught up on our trip and then got blogged out!! Sorry. I think the day after we returned, we all went to pick a tree. It is Dora's first tree! We always had an artificial tree growing up, but Whitney loves real trees, and now, so do I! I love the hat my mom gave us for Dora.



The sun sets really early around here now (which is great for getting the kids to bed) but it is also a little depressing! Eli now notifies me when it gets "dark outside". Isadora is posing here in front of our Hershey Kiss shaped Christmas tree. We always get the cheapest tree on the market, but this time we sprung for the most expensive kind. It smells GREAT!


Eli was already in pajamas when we went, so we threw on his winter crocs. They look really funny with his jacket and Gymmies! Can you tell he was excited? He ran around like a loon the whole time. Also, he had chocolate on the way there, so his face is all icky.


This is my new red coat (from Ann Taylor's sale)!



Here's how it looks--it's no work of art, but we have kids, so anything on the bottom half gets thrown around and chewed on...


I am surprised by how well Eli's doing at leaving the presents alone. I had this beautiful centerpeice all set up, too. I was so happy with it. Until the next day when Eli noticed it and I had to take all the candy and hide it. It got really quiet in the family room while I was on the computer and after a few minutes, I wondered why. Eli was sitting at the dining table and had already had about 3 peices of candy. He was so happy to show me what he had found. And then big Grinchy mom took it all away!


Dora is not so good about leaving the presents alone, but never fear. Eli's happy to run over and take the present and bash her head, repeating, "No no presents baby" over and over. We have had a lot of time outs lately.


Thanks for the dress, Ang. I like how it looks with some leggings Dora has!


2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love how you embrace Hershey's chocolate and always have it around your house.

Your house looks so pretty and festive. What are your Christmas plans?

Dora is so darling in that hat.

I'm glad you got a good smelling tree.

Grandma Carla said...

I love Dora's hat too. It looks so cute on her. Your tree looks really pretty and so does your centerpiece.