Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day!

We set up our fancy video camera to record almost all of Christmas morning, but unfortunately I have not really figured out how to upload or edit the footage. I watched it on the camera, but I will have to sit down one of these days and learn how to use it! It's a digital one, and Clint does wonders with the recorded stuff, but I can't use it yet! SO, since we were videotaping it, I took a pathetically small number of photos.

Here's Eli opening his remote control car. He was so excited for it! In spite of that, his best Christmas gift was actually the Marble Run that Santa gave him. He loved it!! He has played with it for hours every single day since. The only problem with it is that the baby wants to eat the marbles! Oops. She will spit them out when I tell her though. I am usually clued in because she looks like a Chipmunk. Ha.

He also got a racetrack with a few Cars (from the movie), and lots of fake food (from Lerdleluh) which includes a toaster of his very own, so he can stop burning ours. He defintely got too many toys though. About half way through we had to start using a cattle prod to get him to open them. He didn't want more toys, mom. He wanted to play with the ones he had. HA. He also got WAY too much candy.

This photo has the car, which says it's for ages "3+". Whit said Eli, how old are you? To which he responded by holding up two fingers and saying Two. Yeah, when we tried to tell him he was too young for the car, he informed us it was his. He could play with it. He was two. So, I think the manufacturers messed up. It must be for Two and Up.

Here's Emma holding Dora. Per my earlier post, no bow. She has a bit of hair, see?

Here she is modeling a bow on her head. Not the kind mommy likes, though. She had a fun time playing with Emma and the bow.





I got my hair done, fyi. Straight bangs are back in. I am glad--I like them.



Oh, in this one you can see my new watch! Santa brought me a Baby G in my stocking! I love it!! Also, Whit got me a KINDLE!! WOOHOO! And you can see the Kirby vacuum behind me if you're looking closely!! A BIG Christmas for me! I am so spoiled. That's okay, we made up for it by not getting Dora anything. No, seriously. What does a 10 month old with an older sibling need, really?

Here's Eli's racecar track--it has a loop!



I didn't get a very nice photo, but Emma got a new red coat. Nine West. I heard she loved it. ;)



Here are a few of us before church on Sunday after Christmas. I love these brown outfits. They are my favorite.



Oh, here's a shirt Eli got for Whit (it's supposed to be super warm) to wear as an undershirt when they go sledding. I like to just make Whit wear it. I don't know if it's warm, but I think it's HOT! :-)



Whoops. Somehow these got out of order. More of the brown outfits.



3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ahhhh, what a great Christmas. Good for all of you.

I agree. What could Dora need?

Whitney looks fine, very fine, in his black shirt.

I forgot to mention I think turning that back room into a play room was a genius idea.

Grandma Carla said...

The brown outfits for Sunday look really nice. That Dora - tell her those bows are very fashionable for a little one her age!
Glad to see Emma with her new coat. Love your bangs...

Unknown said...

Cute photos! I also love brown outfits. Don't feel bad about not taking too many photos. It's okay to just put the camera down and savor the moment. I'm definitely one that needs to follow this piece of advice more often. (LINSEY)