Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Incident

I thought this was as good a time as any to tell this sad tale. Dora got sick while we were in Houston and now both Eli and myself have gotten it. Basically it's a 24 hour stomach bug. She was on the tail end of it when we flew home (me and the kiddies without any help) and so I changed several of her yucky diapers in transit. I thought I was being quite wise to change the first in the airport before we boarded the plane, since the bathrooms are much larger.

Eli was in a monkey backpack and I had just the single stroller for Dora. Eli learned pretty quickly that if he looped around something several times with the backpack, I had to let go of the leash (which we call the "tail") to unwind it. Well, we had to wait a few minutes for access to the changing table because some other lady was using it when we arrived and she took her SWEET time finishing up and cooing to her baby and so on.

By the time I put Dora up on the table, Eli was tired of just standing in the bathroom. He started zipping around everything. Now, please don't think I am trying to be graphic, but this was definitely a two hand poop cleaning job. About the time I got Dora's diaper down and was fully engaged in wiping, Eli decided to make a break for it. He got all the way around the exit to the bathroom and out to the airport proper before I could clean off Dora enough to grab her barebummed and run out to catch him. Luckily she did NOT pee on me, and doubly lucky, some lady had basically penned Eli against a wall. He was NOT happy with her stopping him and screamed something fierce as I "captured him" by grabbing his tail and hauling him back into the bathroom. I tied his tail to the stroller before I resumed with diapering the baby.

It was a fun trip...

1 comment:

Grandma Carla said...

This story has brought a smile to many a hearer's face! Such an adventure you won't often have and it's good that you recorded it!