Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Houston Children's Museum

We went to the Children's Museum the last full day we spent in Houston. That night, my mom watched the kids (for Ang and me) and we all went to New Moon. In a surprising turn of events, Clinsey brought their kids and they did fine!! Amazing. I could never bring my kids to a 7 pm movie without a catastrophe.

Back to the point, however, the kids loved the Children's museum. There was a tot's corner, which they had fun in. It was great for the babies, too. We discovered, a bit later, a really great place for the toddlers, though. Although it wasn't nearly as wonderful for the babies, the toddlers loved it. One more thing before the photos--Emma and Linsey had my camera the whole time, so basically none of these photos were taken by me.













































Here's where we went downstairs. They had a tiny grocery store and the kids loved filling their baskets with fake food and then scanning it. They even had a little photo machine that made real photos for their fake money! (Well, black and white printouts, anyway.) It was still awesome. They are exactly the reason I still do a scrapbook, Whitney, even though I blog now. I can't include neat little things like that on a blog. :-) (Whit's been campaigning for me to quit scrapbooking now that I blog.)












These were at a fake little restaurant accross from the grocery store.





A baby in the oven? Jonathan Swift? Anyone?

Don't worry--she's just fine. (The oven was fake.)


4 comments:

Cassidy said...

how fun! I love children's museums!!

jennifer charzewski said...

love the jonathan swift reference! :) hahahahaha

Randi said...

They must have redone some of the museum since we were there...that just means it is time to go back...it looked like so much fun...

also, NEVER let anyone talk you out of scrapbooking...that's blasphemy in my book! I mean it's just like journaling and the prophets REALLY want us to journal..so see blasphemy! :)

I can rationalize anything..it's a gift! :)HAHA!

Grandma Carla said...

The trip to the museum was worth the effort. It was so nice to be somewhere that they could all play and nothing was off-limits. I think it merits another visit whenever you come down again.