Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bummed

I finally heard back from the editor. They said my book showed significant improvement (and they could tell I'd put in a lot of hard work) but that it wasn't quite there yet. So, they passed. DEPRESSING!

I think I may just throw in the towel with this first book for now and work on something different. Maybe I'm too emotionally invested or something. Blah. I just thought I'd share since someone (ie, my spouse) says I don't know the meaning of failure. Uh, YEAH I do. I've been rejected every which way from Sunday on all my novel writing so far.

*big sigh*

Another day, another try, right?

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ouch. I don't care how many success stories you hear that "so and so was rejected 111 times before his manuscript was accepted" it still stings when someone says that your best isn't good enough.

Sympathies to you. I'd bring you ice cream if we lived closer.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

Well I for one really enjoyed it and am dying to know what happens.
Don't give up B!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I applaud you for writing. I want to read it! It is always hard to have something that you worked so hard on criticized. Good Luck and keep on keeping on.